07. 4 Inches to the Right

This chapter is dedicated to one of my loyal readers xoxo!

Maddie

We all came in with a victorious feeling in our stomachs. We got first overall for that creepy group number, I got first place, and there were barely any arguments.

"Hey Maddie," Chloe said when we got into the den. "I'm thirsty, do you want to get some water?"

When Chloe and I were about a year younger, we would always go into the lounge in the company and steal all types of sodas and chips from the vending machine. Until we were caught. I can't believe I forgot about the lounge. We had our best laughs in there. Before the show started. Before competition was more important than our friendship.

"Sure" I said with a wide grin.

Chloe and I walked out of the den and walked past the desk where we ran into Clara.

"Maddie!" she said at me. Clara was the cutest thing. Until she started to walk. Then she always wandered everywhere around the studio trying to do pirouettes or flips.

"Go to mommy Clara" Chloe said soothingly.

"Mommy?" Clara said.

"Yeah, go to mommy" she said.

Clara waddled into the viewing room while Chloe and I went into the lounge. Chloe was about to take one step in until I stopped her.

"There's someone in here" I whisper yelled.

I took a few peeks in to see exactly who was in there. The producers. And Miss Abby.

I whispered who was in there to Chloe. "Do you think they're talking about solos and the group?" she asked me.

I shrugged. "Probably."

"-Been bugging us for a solo for Maddie. Something about her grandmother. Should we give it to her?"

Jesus mom. My grandma, Bopcha died when my mom was young and mom wants her private life private. But of course she wants the show to be focused on Mackenzie and I.

"I don't see why not. Maddie's a beautiful dancer" said Abby.

"What about Nia? We need to give her a solo sooner or later before the viewers are going to think we're racist. I mean, you didn't want her on the team in the first place. Should we replace her with Ackerman?"

"I think they're talking about Payton" Chloe told me.

I was going to shush her but it was too late. They were silent for a few seconds, probably thinking they were being watched. That's when Chloe and I ran back into the den, full of giggles.

Abby came through the den and into the studio a few minutes after we ran in and Chloe and I were trying to hold in our laughs. We were called in a few minutes later for pyramid.

Chloe

Maddie was on top of the pyramid, Kenzie and Vivi-Anne were on the bottom and everyone else was in the middle.

Instead of learning the group and solos first, we were doing a technique class. We had our legs at pase, arms at second, closed our ribs, blah, blah, blah.

"Cathy and mom are talking, Brooke" Paige whispered. "I think they're still talking about the costume Vivi was supposed to wear for the duet with Mackenzie."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "Let them. I really don't care anymore."

I guess it's that time of the month. I still have no idea what that means but I hear Kelly say that sometimes when I'm over at Paige's and Brooke's in a bad mood.