Gone

*Elisa's POV*

When I woke up next, I was back in my room at headquarters, my vision was blurry, my whole body was numb, and from what I could feel, I knew that there were bandages on my face, stomach, and both of my arms. There was also a very blurry figure next to me, I could only see the top of their head out of the corner of my eye, so I rolled my head to the side to look at the person, but my head only moved an inch or so.

"Hey," I spoke, but it only came out as a raspy whisper. "Hey, wake up!" I tried again, trying to shout, making it sound like I was talking at a normal volume.

"Hmmm?" The person slowly rubbed the sleep out of their eyes, and I could tell that their eyes had widened in shock. "Elisa! You're awake! You're actually awake!" The person jumped up, and I was still unable to focus my vision, but I could see a brown vest, with a white long sleeved shirt, and dark pants.

"Sit down please," I commanded him, or what I thought was a him, based on his voice.

"One second, I'm gonna tell the others that you're awake," The boy ran out into the hall and started shouting that I was awake, and after a few minutes there was a girl sitting beside the boy.

"Stay still please, I can't focus if you two are moving," I told them, trying not to sound weak, and they stopped moving so my eyes focused pretty quickly, and I saw the smiling faces of Jean and Sasha right in front of me.

"I missed you so much," Sasha told me, and I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I wasn't out very long was I?" I asked, and they gave each other a look, I couldn't tell what the look meant so I didn't question it.

"Well-," Jean scratched the back of his head awkwardly, I could tell that he didn't want to tell me.

"You've been out for almost a month, and everyone gave up on your revival quite a few times when they could no longer feel your pulse or your breathing," Sasha told me with tears in her eyes.

"I would always make them wait a few minutes to be absolutely sure you were gone, and then after those few minutes your pulse would be back and you would be fine for a day or two before your pulse disappeared again," Jean told me, then looked towards the door, and stood up along with Sasha.

"You're supposed to be downstairs," I heard a monotonous voice come from the person in the doorway.

"Bye, see you later," Jean smiled at me and the left.

The person sat down in the empty chair after they left, and after they came into focus I saw that it was Corporal Levi who had come in to see me. We sat in silence, I could feel Levi's eyes examining whatever injuries I had, constantly going back to my right leg and my face, and I was worried about what that meant.

"I'm surprised you pulled through," Levi broke the silence after a few minutes.

"What happened to me?" I asked him, and I saw the conflict in his eyes.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Okay, well first off you have multiple bruises and cuts along your entire body. Second of all your left arm was injured pretty badly so we're not sure how it's going to heal. You also have a pretty big scar running from the left side of your forehead, to an inch below your right eye," He paused for a second, and I reached up to my face with my good arm and felt the distorted skin around my new scar.

"Is-is that it?" I asked him, putting my hand back down by my side.

"There is one more thing," He paused, hesitant to tell me.

"Just say it, I'm gonna find out eventually," I told him.

"Okay, there's two more things. We saw that you had broken four ribs, and we did our best to fix them, but when we did we noticed that your heart was beating abnormally, we don't know what that means so far, but hopefully it's nothing big," My eyes widened as I took in the information, but I nodded for him to continue. "I'm not sure if you remember this, but when the female titan kicked you, she kicks your right leg, and the bones in your right leg were destroyed, so we were unable to fix them so," Levi paused, and I nodded, urging him to continue. "So we had to cut your leg off at the middle of your thigh," He finally told me, and I tried to sit up to see my leg, but Levi gently pushed me down.

"I have one more question," I looked away from Levi and stared at the ceiling.

"What is it," He sounded slightly irritated.

"What happened during the expedition?" I asked him, keeping my eyes on the ceiling.

"Why don't you ask your friends?" He told me, getting up, but I grabbed his shirt sleeve and tugged slightly.

"I want you to tell me because everyone else would try to sugarcoat it," I told him, and he sighed while sitting back down.

"Fine," He shifted in his seat. "After the female titan showed up a lot of soldiers were trying to kill her, but they would only get killed themselves, that happened for a while until Erwin decided to move into the forest, where the outer squads were standing guard on the outside of the forest to keeps the other titans away," He finished, and I knew that he was leaving a lot out, but I decided that he didn't tell because I'm not supposed to know.

"One more thing," I asked him as he was about to leave.

"What," He turned back to me, leaning in the doorfram with his arms crossed.

"Where's Petra?" I asked him, and I could tell that I had hit a nerve, even though he didn't show it.

"She's not here," I could hear the slight sadness in his voice.

"She was killed wasn't she," I felt my throat tighten.

"Yes," He told me that one word, and I felt tears stream down my cheeks, but I didn't sob.

I just sat there letting tears fall down my cheeks after he left, and I let them fall until I fell asleep.