He won't give up

*Elisa's POV*

*Year 850, age 15*

Tomorrow is our last day of training before we become full members of the military, a lot of people are still deciding which branch to go into, but I know what I'm going to join, the Survey Corps, so that way I could maybe find my dad if my theory was right and he really is just missing. Even though it's been ten years and very unlikely, I still have to find something that proves that he's actually dead.

Right now we're running through a forest with thick trees everywhere and hauling heavy packs, and to make it even better, it's raining and muddy, but I'm kind of enjoying the rain.

"We're almost there," I heard Jean tell Marco, who was right beside me, but this time Jean had difficulty ignoring me because I had gotten a growth spurt in the last three years and now they're both only one or two inches taller than me.

"Yeah, I hope it stops raining," Marco replied.

"Alright! Take the gear out of your packs and get set up!" Commander Keith instructed.

I took the pack off my shoulder, and carefully took out the 3DMG that was in it, then started to get it attached to the straps on my body.

"Here, let me help you," Marco held up the front of my gear as I tightened it.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"Sorry about Jean by the way, I've tried telling him to get to know you a little better, bit he's just not listening to me," Marco scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's okay, I don't mind being ignored, I am used to it after all," I told him, walking off to nowhere in particular.

"Wait!" Marco shouted after me, but I kept on walking.

"What is it?" I hiss as Marco grabs my arm.

"I've just been really curious as to why you have a scar on your face," He blurted out, catching me off guard.

"It's nothing," I told him, moving my bangs over the spot where my scar was.

"It's not nothing!" He shouted, making people glance over to us.

"Just stop. People are staring," I whispered to him, whipping my braided high ponytail over my shoulder as I turned around.

"But-" I cut him off by raising my hand in a motion that said I was done talking.

"Okay trainees! Time to set off!" Commander Keith shouted, and everyone took off in different directions.

'Why was he so persistent to know about my scar so suddenly?' I wondered as I came near one of the cardboard cutouts of a titan.

I pulled out my blades and got ready to strike, launching a cable into the back of its neck, and slashing the foam thing, leaving a gash that was just the right size.

*Time jump, dinner*

"Elisa! Hey!" I heard Marco call out, but I kept on walking.

"What?!" I said, kind of too harsh.

"I uh, just wanted to know what's up with you lately," He said, awkwardly running his hand through his hair.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, softening my expression.

"You've just been really quiet lately, and you've been avoiding me," He sounded really concerned about me.

"I just don't want to get between you and Jean's friendship," I explained simply, but he gave me a questioning look.

"You don't have to avoid me just because Jean's being a jerk!" He yelled at me, earning us a few unwanted stares.

"I have to go," I told him, taking my empty plate to the dirty dishes pile and walking out the door.

"Wait!" He ran after me.

"Just leave me alone! Can't you see that I'm perfectly fine with being by myself!" I shouted in his face.

"Just stop being such a downer already! Don't you see that I'm trying to help you?!" He shot back.

"Help me with what?" I said quietly, turning around to face away from him.

"Help you get along, I don't know what it's like to be alone all time, but I just want to give you a friend or something," He said, spinning me back around.

"Why though?" I questioned.

"Because, well, I don't know," He trailed off.

"If you don't know why, then why won't you give up on me?" I asked him, staring into his eyes, hoping to find something in there that would tell me something.

"I won't give up you because, even though I haven't gotten to know you all that well, I just want you to have someone to rely on," He told me, making me tear up slightly, remembering what my mother would tell me.

'I'll always be there for you, you can always rely on me. I want to make sure my little angel grows up to be a warrior who will defeat the titans'

"Yeah, I g-guess," I cursed mentally, why was I stuttering?

"Shh, don't cry. Why don't you tell me about what happened in Shiganshina?" So I did exactly what he said, I told him everything from the first time I remember being called the devil, to being beat up which resulted in the scar on my face, and being told that my father had died, even what had happened the day that the wall fell, leaving behind those horrible nightmares.

"Now that you know, will you please let me be alone?" I asked, wiping away my tears.

"No," He said sternly.

"Why won't yo-" I was cut off by Marco pulling me into a hug, and rubbing my back.

"I won't give up on you, now that I know your story, I'll make sure that it won't be repeated," He whispered into my ear, which sent tingles down my spine.

"I should go to my cabin, don't want to be tired for graduation day," I said quietly into his ear, making him let me go.

"Goodnight," He waved goodbye and turned towards his cabin.

That night I fell asleep to be greeted by dreams of a good future free of titans.