I Am The New Luna.

I wiped my hands on my jeans once again, momentarily regretting my choice of apparel, as Christian kept taking small glances at me with an amused smirk on his face. Today, I was meeting 'The Pack'. I was a bundle of stress and my hair was a mixture of lavendar and blue, and stiff as a damn board.

     "Babe," my head snapped towards the sound of Christian's voice. He smiled at me, which forced a glare onto my face. "It'll be okay I promise, relax." I bit my lip to keep from smiling as he grabbed my sweating hand from across the console. 

     "What if I'm not good enough?" I chewed on my lip nervously. "What if they don't like me? What if-"

     "They will love you." He grinned and kissed my hand. A small smile spread across my lips. He blinked at me, his eyes turning dark, and the car swerved, causing me to squeal.

     " Watch the road!" I yelled, slapping his arm gently.

     "Yes ma'am. " He winked. "I can't help it with that beautiful damn smile of your's." A blush rushed to my face at that, causing my clothes to become wet as the ice in my hair melted from the warmth that rushed through my body.

      Thoughts of our encounter on the beach rushed through my head and I bit my lip hard as warmth pooled in the pit of my stomach. I crossed my legs and sucked in a sharp breath. The car swerved again and my eyes shot to Christian.  He growled deeply, his canines extending, and looked over at me with lust filled eyes.

     "Darling, please control that pretty little head of yours. I can smell where your thoughts are and I don't think we are quite ready for the consequences of me making you mine right here in this car."

     My cheeks became impossibly more heated and a chuckle emanated from Christian's lips. He was calmer now, though his hands still gripped the steering wheel tightly.

****

     I refused to leave the car. We were at the pack house. I could hear music coming from the outside of the car and what sounded like muffled voices.

     " C'mon Etty, it'll be okay." Christian murmured from the outside of my opened car door. "Let's go before all the foods gone." At the mention of this, my stomach growled. Christian chuckled and reached over to unbuckle my belt.

     I was shaking as I stumbled up the steps with Christian. My breath caught in my throat as I stared up at the magnificent home before me. On each side of the porch, were pillars that had beautiful designs of wolves running around in meadows, butterflies, and beautiful forests carved into the marbled stone.

     The doors before me were extremely tall with carvings of swirls and roses. The handles were silver and curled into little waves.  The house itself was large and white with black shillings. I touched the door enjoying the texture of the carved wood beneath my fingers.

     The door gave way beneath my hand as it swung inward. A small squeak of surprise passed my lips aand I jumped back, next to Christian.  In the doorway, stood a woman with dirty blonde hair and baby blue eyes. She looked at me with surprise before her eyes locked onto Christian's mark on my neck.

        She looked to be in her mid thirties but not a day over 35. Her hair was spun into a bun at the nape of her neck with a few strands curving around her face. Her blue eyes seemed big on her heart shaped face and her pink lips quickly formed into a bright smile as her eyes lit up.

     Suddenly, she launched herself at me, causing me to squeak in surprise and take an instinctive step back. I tensed as the woman squeezed me into her arms. I kept my arms at my sides as ice shot down them and trickled down the marble stairs.

     "Mother," Christian growled as he pulled me into him careful to not let me slip on the ice, which began melting instantly. His mother blinked at the both of us confused and then gasped as her eyes followed the trail of ice that began at my feet and ended at my fingers.

      She covered her mouth with her fingers. "W - what is she?" She asked staring at me with wide eyes. I bit my lip and turned away hiding my face in Christian's chest.

      "I told you..." I whispered, tears pricking at my eyes.

     Christian caught my icy chin in his warm hand. "No darling, she just doesn't understand." He pressed his lips to mine lightly. I blushed fiercely, as a happy giggle erupted behind us. Christian smiled and tugged my hand in the direction of his mother.

     "Mother, this is my mate, Etlena. Etlena, this is my mother, Clara." His mother grasped my hand timidly and I bit my lip trying to hold back the surge of emotions I felt as ice pricked at my fingertips.

     "I - it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Hayes." I muttered quietly, a blush creeping up my neck. Her eyes brightened at my words.

     "Oh honey, you can call me Ma! After all you're family now!" She smiled and then gasped as ice came into contact with her fingers. "That is fascinating!  Can you control it?"

    I blushed at her appreciation and then cupped her hand in both of mine. When I released her hands a small icy butterfly danced in the air between us. Clara gasped in surprise and squealed. "That is amazing!!!" I grinned at her and blushed some more. "Come, you must show the pack!"

******

     My face paled as I stood on a stage with Clara and Christian.  Clara stood in front of a mic and we all stared out at about 200 people. My heart was pumping in my chest and I sneakily hid behind Christian.

     "Attention everyone!"  Clara's voice boomed through the mic. I peaked over Christian's shoulder to see all eyes toward the stage. "My son has an announcement to make!"

     I squeaked as Christian reached around and pulled me in front of him, causing chuckles to erupt from the crowd. My breathing was shallow and my face was directly in front of the mic. I shivered as Christian looked down at me with a devious smile. He kissed my shoulder gently and whispered,  "Introduce yourself." I shook my head vigorously, ice forming at my fingers.

     He chuckled and grabbed the mic. "Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce you to my mate and your new Luna, Etlena." The crowd erupted in applause. Christian wrapped his arms around me. "Speak to them darling, they've already accepted you."

     I took a deep breath as my hair stiffened. I was very aware that my eyes were glowing and that ice was shooting up my limbs. The crowd was silent, staring at me in wonder. "U-um hello, I am very pleased to meet you all and I hope that..." I took a deep breath. I can do this. I was born for this. I am a queen. I am The Ice Queen.  I opened my eyes and shot my hands to the air, creating icy pictures of wolves dancing with merfolks. My eyes gleamed red and my skin erupted in goosebumps. My lavender locks swirled with icy strands and braided with the wind. I heard gasps and smiled standing straight. "I hope that I can be everything that you wish for me to be."

     Cheers broke across the crowd as the icy figures rained on them in flutters of snow. A smile reached my lips and I could not have been more confident in my new position. Christian pulled me close and kissed my lips. "That was freaking incredible, love."