What Are Emotions?

I gaped at him. I could feel that my eyes were aglow and that my hair was stiffening. Across the room I saw my reflection in a mirror as I looked everywhere but at him. My eyes were a bright maroon. I'm not exactly sure how that happened because I'd never seen it before.

     "Etlena.." He was at my side now. "Please..." He touched my face as I stared at him. My body electrified the moment our skin made contact. I closed my eyes savoring the feel of his warmth. Sylvia cleared her throat which brought a growl from Christian's lips. I giggled and then covered my mouth in shock. Sylvia stared at me wide-eyed and Christian smiled adoringly. I haven't laughed since I was seven. Tears sprung to Sylvia's eyes as a sob broke from my chest. Christian' s face showed the emotion of panic and confusion. Sylvia sat at the end of the bed and opened her arms wide. I flung myself at her and sobbed into her chest as she rubbed my stiff hair.

     "Why is she crying?" Christian whispered.

     "She... she hasn't laughed since she was seven years old." Her voice trembled.

              (Christian's point of view)

      I nodded sadly and gazed at the woman as I held my arms open, asking permission with my eyes. She nodded and whispered something in Etlena's ear. Etlena looked up at her and wiped her eyes. Then she turned to look at me, more tears flowed down her cheeks and my wolf took over,  grabbing her and pulling her to me.

     I looked into her eyes and smiled at her. "I will work everyday just to hear that beautiful laugh of yours." I kissed her cheek lightly, knowing that going much further than that would make my mate uncomfortable. She smiled at me and blushed. I laughed lightly which caused her to giggle once more.