First Day of Hell

I hit my mirror out of frustration causing shards to burst from beneath my hand. "Shit." I growled as the knuckles of my right hand began to sting. I waved my hand toward the broken mirror, creating a new layer of ice to form where pieces were missing. I gazed at it once more watching as ice began to glitter through the lose strands of hair around my face. I freed my hair from the wretched bow I'd attempted to tie it down with just as it began to solidify. I ran to the closet after glancing at the clock. I'm gonna be late. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a black hoodie and a pair of boots. Sylvia is gonna flip when she sees I'm not dressing up.

I ran down the stairs and caught her in the kitchen cooking pancakes. She turned and glared at me. "Are you really going to wear that? What of you find your mate?"

"I don't care I can't have anyone noticing me." I glared back. Her eyes softened as she realized how uncomfortable I would be if anyone were to notice me. The consequences of my emotions to horrifying to risk it.

I quickly ate her breakfast and headed out to catch the bus. Sylvia had tried to convince me to take the Harley but I told her that I'd ease into it. I needed to be more comfortable walking on land everyday.

A big yellow vehicle stopped in front of me and as I climbed on I was ambushed by sound. As a mermaid I have heightened senses and so the noise was umbearable. I quickly pulled my mp3 player from my bag and popped my headphones in listening to Muse. A few people attempted to speak to me but I ignored them, because the moment my heart began to beat faster, ice began to crawl up my legs.

We finally made it to the school and as I began to step off the bus I was tripped. I fell into a puddle that must have formed the day before because it was sunny and bright outside. I looked up to see a female who looked to be my age glaring at me. The fall had caused my ear buds to fall from hearing and my hood to slide off revealing my pastel lavender hair. "Watch where you're going, Freak." She grinned and the students on the bus all laughed.

My hair became stiff and cold immediately so I covered my head once more. I glared at the blonde headed bimbo and scurried away. It's my first day and I've already been reduced to scum. How wonderful.

As I entered the school I had a scowl etched onto my face. I hid beneath my hoodie and my mind wandered to my parents and their message. An awakening? What am I supposed to know what this awakening feels like? I sighed in frustration. Just as I turned the corner to enter the main office I sensed something that caused my body to electrify. It burned more than shifting but in the most pleasurable way and it toook all my strength not to moan allowed. Due to the fact that it did indeed take everthing not to moan I fell to my knees, my body quivering.

A crowd began to form around me but I could hear nothing but my heart ramming in my chest. I looked around trying to find the source of this power, when the crowd broke apart revealing at tall muscular figure. As I gazed at him ice began to form on the ground beneath me. He glanced down with his bright blue eyes and growled furiously. "MINE."

The last thing I felt was strong arms lifting me up and all I saw was crazy light brown hair, and then everything went black.

I found my mate....