012

chapter twelve . . . THE WINTER SOLDIER3
❝ you, my new bestfriend and i, ❞

"SO, THE QUESTION IS, WHO S.H.I.E.L.D. COULD LAUNCH A DOMESTIC MISSLE STRIKE?"

Liana has no shame as she stuffs the bacon, eggs and toast Sam had cooked up for them. She'd gotten a good half an hour of sleep and even though she'd usually get around six hours, it was enough for her to feel rejuvenated. The three adults had left her to eat peacefully, occasionally looking over at the girl with amusement as she scooped the food into her mouth. Liana had never tasted something so delicious and warm. To be fair, she didn't know warm food existed, everything in HYDRA was always cold or mouldy. 

She's been determined to help Natasha and Steve help with the S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, situation but breakfast had happened and she'd gotten rather sidetracked. Liana had never been told to have table manners, so sitting across from Steve, she'd shovel the food into her mouth and get it into her system. The words of her father about eating carefully had completely left her mind and she was simply going to eat as much as she could, which at this point could be an entire horse. 

Sam upturned his gaze from buttering his toast and turned towards the conversation. He didn't quite understand everything they'd been speaking about, it was all S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff, the stuff that the public isn't aloud to know. "Pierce." Steve muttered through gritted teeth, looking up and past Liana. The girl furrowed her brows, she recognised that name. She'd heard it being tossed around the guards lips back in Siberia. It was a rather faint memory but the word 'pierce' stuck out to her. 

It couldn't be anyone she's met because she'd remember a name like that, maybe it was someone back in Siberia. Liana couldn't be sure, she needed to know more about this Pierce man. 

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Natasha sighs in defeat, walking over to stand behind Liana's chair. The girl frowned, Natasha is speaking about the massive building her and Steve had escaped from by an inch. Was it S.H.I.E.L.D.? Liana remembers the Superior being in that building, he'd been more angry then ever. The pieces are slowly starting to come together in her head. 

Steve raised his hand in thought, "He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." 

So, Pierce is important to S.H.I.E.L.D., did that mean he's important to HYDRA too. Would that mean she'd of met him in the past. She surely couldn't of, because she'd remember it. Liana remembers most she meets in HYDRA, he could possible be a soldier at the Front. Not that Liana knew any of their names, they didn't wear badges that told her their names, they all knew each others names and they knew her. Liana had been told to keep her head down and stay quiet, she could've met this Pierce geezer and not of known about it. The staying quiet was a way to stay safe, Liana knew that and her father had reminded her of that when she'd come fresh from Iso.