seven

chapter seven . . . THE UNKNOWN
❝ in a way my...inspiration . ❞

NATASHA ROMANOFF PUSHED OPEN THE DOOR TO THE INTERROGATION ROOM. 

Agent Hill, Agent Sitwell and Steve were all stood in the room. Her heart pounds against her rib cage when she walks up to Sitwell, folding her arms over her chest and setting her stance. She hasn't gotten a look at the witness yet and wasn't sure if she wanted too. "What do you know about her." Maria picks up an incredibly thin file from a surface in the corner of the room and passes it to Agent Romanoff. Nat frowns, flicking it open and starting to read. 

"She hasn't opened her mouth since we got her here." Sitwell informs, "We were forced to remove her mask when she refused to do it herself." There's one page in the folder with a picture paper clipped to it. The girl isn't what Natasha expected, she's still got her mask on in the picture however. Nat feels her heart sink when she stares into the cold blue eyes of the teenager on the picture. That same feeling she felt back in the hospital wells in her chest, she hates it. 

"Name? Age?" Natasha needs to know more about this girl. "Biological parents."

"It's all there in that file." Sitwell gestures to the piece of paper in Natasha's hands. She scoffs in disbelief, flipping it over as if there might be something written on the back. Is this a joke? She couldn't believe in the hours this girl has been in custody, she hasn't uttered a word and they haven't broken her. The red head moves towards the one way glass, standing beside Steve. The girl is staring at the wall opposite her, casually sat in her chair and a blank facial expression. If anything, she looks bored. Natasha feels anger bubble in her chest but through all that, she feels her heart starting to crack again. She felt so familiar. Maybe its the way her hair pools around her face, her features or those morning blue eyes void of emotion. Both Avengers would claim they remind her of someone, someone they'd both attempted to forget and never could. 

Natasha knew they'd put her into a high facility prison, never to see the light of day again, after they'd acquired all the information they need but she felt this urge to protect her. The red head hated it but she did. Everything about this girl was so familiar. It's been eleven years since Natasha had her daughter ripped from her arms and now, eleven years later, there's this girl prancing around town with the Winter Soldier. That can't be a coincidence.