eight

chapter eight . . . PRISONER TRANSFER
❝ liana. ❞

THE S.T.R.I.K.E. TEAM HAD BEEN ASSIGNED TO 'TAKE CARE' OF LIANA.

She follows behind Rumlow, almost obediently, her head hung low and hands pinned with metal cuffs behind her back. Liana avoids the glares she gets from the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., keeping her vision on the ground and the ground only. The entire conversation between her and Romanoff, as she heard one of the agents call the red headed woman, played on a loop in her head. The woman was so familiar and her name, her name was familiar. Liana was sure 'Romanoff' wasn't her actual name, she probably had a last but she'd soon realised that it was a normal thing to be referred to as your last name around here, in America. Her voice was even familiar, Liana couldn't place her finger on it though and it was biting away at her agitation.

Liana hadn't wanted Rumlow to take care of her. He's everywhere, she thought she'd escaped HYDRA for once but they're all here. She knows exactly where she is going, there is no denying the inevitable. She'll return to the front, have everything stripped away from her again and she'll be shoved back into that room for God knows how long. Liana isn't sure she'll be able to endure it again. Every morning waking up, wishing she was dead, spending the entirety of her time imagining and being awoken into reality when that door opens. Being an obedient little doll for the soldiers, satisfy for their...needs. She didn't want that again, she hoped the Soldier wouldn't allow it. She hoped he'd fight for her. 

They near the elevator, the two agents watching over her. Warwick and Rumlow, her least favourite of the guards. Liana found herself suddenly wondering about Louis and if he is being punished for her own idiocy, maybe her father was being punished. She hated the idea of it and quickly shook it away. Sliding his hand through the small gap in the metal doors, the elevator swung up and the blonde man from the roof was revealed. He's dressed in blue and silver armour, almost, with his red, white and blue shield attached to his back. Liana wanted to glare at him but she kept her gaze on the ground and ignored him. 

"Keep all S.T.R.I.K.E. personnel on site." Rumlow orders to a couple other agents that Liana hadn't realised where following them. 

Warwick pulled her into the elevator by the shoulder, squeezing it a little to slightly. Liana wanted to pull away from him but she knew she'd get a beating from doing that back at the base. Would they take her back to Siberia? The Soldier had talked about Siberia and Liana had a vague memory of it, her memory before isolation was mainly just the Red Room but there is also other things. He whirled her around to face the door and he stood behind her, closer then she'd of liked. Liana hated him standing behind her, he was too close, she could hear his breathing pattern, his heart beat. She wished Rumlow was handling her, he was harsher with her but he's not like Warwick. He's not interested in dehumanising her, simply just using her a punching back. He's not like Warwick, he's the worst. Liana truly hated him and him handling her pushing her to find an escape route.