пять

chapter five . . . DON'T LET ME GO
❝ im sorry ❞

SIX MONTHS SINCE LIANA LEFT HER CELL. 

Six months since she join the Soldier in his quarters. 

Six months since she became human again. 

The six months between them had been strange to say the least, they'd gotten into a routine together. They'd switch between sleep times, Liana would sleep from nine till two and the Soldier would sleep two till five, sometimes Liana would sleep a little over but the Soldier allowed her too and get his post protectively at the foot of her bed, either just staring at the door or drawing in his notepad. Liana had somehow managed to persuade the guards to let him have a brand new pen and her to have some drawing things, they'd allowed it and the Soldier had been shocked when they'd allowed it. During their time together, the Soldier went on multiple missions and every time Liana would sit on the bed, facing the door waiting for him to return back. If he was particularly injured, she'd sit him in his chair and tend to his wounds with the only blanket they had that worked as a towel for when they'd have showers. It was usually stained with blood and Liana would try her best to wash it out in the sink but it would result in it taking multiple days to dry in the cold quarters.

The two had to endure Winter which was much easier then ones in Siberia. It was still cold and Liana spent most of her time shivering, the Soldier took it upon himself to hold her for bodily warmth. Liana had ended up falling asleep in his arms. He began to heal her inner child without even realising it, when she'd curl up at the foot of the bed beside him, just touching his shoulder with her head. When she'd sit at his feet and let him fiddle with her hair, trying different styles he's seen from the little girls from his missions. Turns out the Soldier is rather good at styling hair and managed to figure out how to do braids, Liana was skeptical to remove them but the Superior had yelled at her for having braids and forced her to remove them. 

Liana's hair had grown a substantial about, going from above her shoulders just to above her elbows. The black hair dye had merged with the dark brown hair that is her natural colour, one that matches the Soldier's shade so beautifully they actually look like father and daughter. Over the months, Liana had figured out that the Soldier is just a puppet, a thing to be controlled by the Superior and the soldiers here and Liana was nothing but a piece in a game, leverage against him. She wasn't sure if she should be sad about it, her emotions had become mixed up and confusing. She'd taught herself not to be emotional, not to cry, not to laugh or be happy and now that she could in the company of the Soldier, she'd not quite figured it out.