Chapter 20: Secrets

(Ashlynn’s P.O.V.)

     I stared up at the same ceiling of Pan’s tree house that was located at his thinking tree for the entire night since Pan fell asleep. I couldn’t believe how my decision had changed so quickly. At first, I was going to tell Pan, no Peter that I wanted to go back home. That it was time to let me go back to Camelot. Yet, I chose to stay in Neverland. With him. I chose love over duty. Neverland over Camelot. Peter over my people. I sacrificed one kingdom for another, all for Peter. All because of how far I had fallen for him. The boy who never grew up had captured my heart and truly would be the death of me someday.

     I turned over to my side to see Peter sleeping with a smile on his face. He looked peaceful, like a child having a good dream. A boy that you didn’t want to wake up from his slumber. He seemed so calm as if he was in a deep sleep. His eyelids hid his mesmerizing green eyes that I loved so much. If only he was like this all the time and not the Peter that acted as the ruler of this island. Acted arrogant, cocky, self-involved, and pretended that he had to uphold his rough, tough, nothing could ever hurt him, bad boy reputation.

     Yet, I knew why he pretended. It was to keep the boys safe and to scare his enemies on and off Neverland. He had revealed to me last night how the other inhabitants of the island were planning a revolt against him because his shadow had all but disappeared. They were scared and didn’t think Peter was capable of ruling Neverland. He hadn’t told me who exactly, but that I needed to stay in the camp with the lost boys to stay safe while he deals with them later on.

     I was some what glad that he was telling me what was going on in Neverland. Yet, I also wondered how much I didn’t know about Neverland. There were secrets about this island that were a mystery. One of them was how Peter came to Neverland. One that he hadn’t yet told me, and I didn’t know if he ever would. He had only been sharing with me the littlest things about the island like that stupid revolt against him. He hadn’t told me the other reason why the people on Neverland were doing this, all he said was it was because of his shadow and something else.

     I sighed softly as I sat up quietly and moved to get off the bed but was stopped by a hand grabbing my arm. I looked back towards Peter to see his eyes flutter open with a smirk on his face.

     “And where do you think you’re going?”

     “I’m just getting up Peter. Unlike you, I actually have to eat.”

     “Who said I don’t have to eat?”

     “I never see you eat anything except for that one time when you made my eat that food you whipped up out of thin air. Even then you barely ate anything!”

     “I wasn’t that hungry, but I do have to eat, Ash. It’s only normal.”

     “Well then, how about I make us breakfast,” I suggested.

     “How about, you just stay in bed with me for the rest of the day?” He asked and pulled me towards him, making me fall into his outstretched arms which encircled me.

     “Peter! We can’t stay in here all day. Besides, you have Neverland to worry about. It’d be better to stop whatever the others here on the island are going to do before it happens. After that, we can spend an entire day together.”

     “And I can take care of them later.”

     “Nope. You’re doing it today,” I said, turning around and made it seem as if I was going to kiss him, but I only gave him a peck on the lips before pulling out of his grip and running into the kitchen, knowing he would follow after me sooner or later.