Chapter 29: The Plan

(Peter's P.O.V.)

"It's alright, Rufio. It's time she knew," I called out as I walked closer to them. I smirked slightly as Ash turned towards me with narrowed eyes and her arms crossed. Yet another thing she would be upset with me about. For a few minutes at least.

All the boys rushed in and circled around us as I used the magic I gained from staying here to create a forcefield that would keep intruders out. That way no one could overhear anything and report back to my enemies on the island. And it kicked out any unwanted pests that were already inside. The fairies for example.

I hated how they could turn small and bug you like crazy. It was a wonder any of them had escaped getting swatted at. Especially in all the other realms that they visit to make people's dreams come true. To help them in getting their happily ever after.

"Now you're telling me?" Ash shouted as I saw Rufio back away from her and the other boys.

His eyes were darting everywhere from every lost boy that surrounded him like he was caught in a trap and couldn't find a way out. I could tell he was fighting his need to turn into a wolf and scare the boys away from him before he did something drastic. Since he had done so once before. A long time ago when we thought it would be safe for him to stick around inside the camp. That hadn't gone well. It had been a massacre. Almost every lost boy had been killed except for me and Felix because we hadn't been around the camp that day.

Blood had been splattered everywhere in the camp. Several bodies had loitered the grounds. Several of their organs had been ripped from their bodies and were hanging out. Their clothes had been shredded to pieces. It was hard to even recognize some of the boys because of how gruesome the scene was when we got to the camp.

I could still remember seeing the humongous pitch black wolf lying down in the middle of the camp, eating something or someone that was unrecognizable, his claws digging into the ground, and growling as its light gray eyes looked up at us. His mouth was covered in blood as did his teeth that were bared.

I had to knock him out with magic and lock him up in a cage, so that he couldn't harm anyone. I kept him far from the camp. On the other side of the island. Locking him up every day for the boys safety and his. At least, I did, until he got better control around his ability to change at will. Mostly around his brother and me since I had forbid him from being in the camp since I didn't want to risk one of the boys showing up and pissing him off.

He was actually the reason why a lot of the boys were able to find food when they went hunting since Rufio chased the prey towards them before backing off. That way they wouldn't try to go after him, and I didn't have to worry about interfering. And once all the boys came back to the camp, I would send Felix with some food to meet with Rufio. Those nights, Felix spent all of his time with him.

I hadn't actually had him become comfortable with these boys that he didn't know and wouldn't trust. He wasn't use to being around them, especially when he's kept his distance all this time.

"Peter!"

I snapped out of it and realized that Ash was standing right in front of me looking both confused and furious at the same time.

"What is the plan?"

"It's quite simple actually. When it gets closer to the battle, I'll create an illusion on Wendy here to make her look like you. She'll be fighting against anyone who gets close to her and will be with a couple of the boys. She'll look exactly like you to everyone but me. Before then, Rufio will take you to a hiding place where no one will be able to find you. And since I have no doubt the army we're up against will be huge, myself and the lost boys will take out as many as possible while Wendy gets captured by the fairies and taken hostage. Clarion will give me one last chance to send 'you' home myself, and I'll say no to make it believable."