Chapter 28: The Prisoner

(Ash’s P.O.V.)

     “Hello princess.”

     I spun around to see that I was back in the camp and a familiar figure was walking out of the shadows of the trees towards me. Rufio had a cocky smirk on his lips as his eyes looked me up and down with his arms crossed over his chest. His usual blond hair was coated in dirt, so it looked more brown than blond. He had put on clothes which was a relief. Maybe I needed Felix around me a lot more when Rufio came by considering he listened to him. Then again, Felix was his older brother.

     “Why is it that that’s the first nickname everyone has given me since getting on this island?” I asked in disbelief. I swear that’s just about what everyone has called me. The people of Camelot, Felix, the lost boys, Peter, and now Rufio? It was getting to be really annoying.

     “Well, you are the Princess of Camelot. I just figured that that’s what everyone would call you. That is your title, isn’t it?”

     “Yes, it is my title as you’ve so graciously put it, but that doesn’t mean that I like to be called by it all the time. I doubt you would like it if I called you wolf boy, now would you?” I asked to see his gray eyes narrow as if he was shooting daggers at me. “Thought so.”

     “You are very lucky that you’re off limits, according to Pan that is. Otherwise, you’d probably be long dead by now. I don’t let people talk to me like that and getting away with it. If I had my way,” he paused slightly to chuckle. “you’d be lying on the ground, withering in pain, bleeding from every scratch and bite on your small, fragile body, your voice barely a whisper as you call out for Pan while you’re choking on your own blood. And then when you beg me to let you die, I would grant you that one small gift of clawing out your throat. Maybe even ripping out your heart, or lungs, maybe even both.”

     I held back a gasp that wanted to escape my lips at how vivid it was the way he described what he would do to me if I wasn’t under the protection of Peter. It was scary to hear what he could do to someone that just called him a name and to imagine what could happen if he was really upset. I was scared to be right next to him with none of the other boys in sight. They were probably out hunting or training or who knows what they were doing right now when they should have been in the camp. Peter had specific orders for them, and they weren’t even here!

     Although I did wonder what Rufio was even doing in the camp anyways? I thought he wasn’t suppose to be seen by any of the other boys. I thought that no one had even seen him because he could turn into a wolf, especially Clarion, who could have used him against Peter. Wasn’t that the entire point?

     “Oh don’t worry, princess. You’re safe. I promised Pan I wouldn’t kill you. He is so determined to keep you safe. It’s quite admiral but a waste of time when you’re just going to go back home to your precious kingdom,” he snarled out as I looked away from him and at the ground.

     I wasn’t going home. I had made the decision to stay on Neverland. To give up my kingdom, place on the throne, my former home for a new one. Peter had changed my mind that night when he took me to his tree house in his thinking tree. Originally, my decision had been to tell him I wanted to go home. How fast my decision had changed that night. It made me wonder what would have happened had I stuck with my original answer. Now I would never know.

     “You are going home, aren’t you?” he spat out as I met his gaze and shook my head softly to see his jaw drop in disbelief. His eyes wide in shock as they glowed slightly and the pupil of his eyes were slowly transforming before returning back to normal as he shook his head.

     “I’m guessing Peter didn’t inform you about that hone he enlisted you to fight, did he?” I asked.

     “Why would you choose to stay here? You have a home in Camelot with a family that cares for you. How stupid could you be to ignore that?”