Chapter 18: Lost Girl

A/N: Hey guys! Is it just me or does it feel as if it's been forever since I've updated even though it's only been a week? Anyway, I just want to say thank you guys so much for reading.  I literally just checked how many views I have and screamed at having 1,082 views!  Thank you again so much!  Also, even though it's still far off in the future, I'm actually still considering of doing a sequel for this book, called "The Queen & Her King". Hope you like this chapter! Also, listen to "Castle Walls" the solo version with Christina Aguilera singing.

     (Ashlynn's P.O.V.)

   "I have to be because if I'm not, I'm afraid that I might not ever want to go home. I'm scared that I might forget the people I love that are in Camelot. Mostly, I'm terrified that if I stay here any longer, you'll take my heart and break it into a million shattered pieces that won't ever be repaired because you'll keep me here," I whimpered. My eyesight was blurry from the tears that wanted to fall as I stared at Pan walk towards me and wipe away some tears that fell and placed a couple strands of my hair from face behind my ear.

     "I can't let you leave, otherwise it'll be you who will destroy me. I can't promise I won't hurt you, but I do promise that I will do everything I can to keep you safe."

     I choked on my own tears as I stiffened in shock. He was lying. He had to be. He didn't care for me. It was impossible for me to somehow destroy him if I left if he didn't care. I really hoped he was lying, so that it would be easier to possibly talk sense into him to let me go home. So that it wouldn't hurt as much if I did leave knowing that he cared for me. Although, I doubted convincing him to let me go would work considering how stubborn he is.

     What I told him was true though. I would actually want to stay on Neverland with him. In doing so, I'd be giving up my family, friends, my people, my kingdom, everything, all for him. Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up. The boy who in countless amounts of Peter Pan stories could never love had captured my heart even if he didn't know it yet. Even if I made it seem as if I could still keep myself from falling for him when I already had.

     Yet, there was also this nagging feeling that I couldn't just abandon my people to be ruled by Morgana if I was gone. I'm the only child of Arthur and Guinevere Pendragon. I'm the heir to the throne of Camelot. If I stayed on Neverland, Morgana could take over and possibly turn Camelot into a wasteland of innocent people's dead bodies littering the grounds. Who knows what else she would do to the people of Camelot. It was my duty as the Princess of Camelot to protect my people, just like what my father was doing.

     I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and stared into his glowing green eyes. "You say that I could destroy you if I leave Neverland, but have you ever thought about how staying here will destroy me? I'm falling for you, but I know that if I stay here, it will ruin me as you will. Nothing you do to try and protect me will help by keeping me here. You want to protect me? Let. Me. Go."

     "I can't," he said as he blew some weird dust into my face.

     I backed away from him as white dots started to cover my vision making it blurry. Everything was multiplying by the second. I shook my head, hoping to get rid of it, but was unsuccessful as I started staggering towards the side. Having to use one of the trees nearest to me to keep my balance as my surroundings started spinning.

     "What did you do?" I asked, not being able to tell which Pan was the real one as they approached me.

     "It's nothing to worry about, love. You'll wake up in a couple of hours; you need the rest," he said as I blacked out.

     "Ashlynn, honey, wake up," a familiar voice called out, stirring me awake.

     I opened my eyes to see my mom sitting on the side. Her long, wavy brown hair was braided to the side, chestnut brown eyes glowed in joy, her lips were curved in a warm smile as she stared at me. She wore a long, burgundy dress with long sleeves that almost covered her hands that were placed on her lap.