Chapter 30: Betrayal

A/N: Okay, so before you guys read this chapter, you should probably know that I hadn't originally intended for it to turn out the way it did. It just happend. Shocked even me since I can't believe I wrote it.  Warning: This chapter includes a sex scene, so yeah...I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

     Also, I know that I've already menitoned it several chapters ago, how I'm going to be a sequel. I'm actually still contemplating the name. So far I'm thinking "The Queen and Her King" but I want to get more suggestions. So, comment at the end of this chapter or any of the chapters in the future to come, what you guys think should be the name of the sequel. I'd really like to hear what you guys think. 

     Lastly, I'm thinking of either doing it in this book or another book, depends on which one you guys want. Would you guys like in Peter's P.O.V. to learn more of his past with Queen Clarion in this one or learn about it in a spin-off book aobut their time form the beginning to when Ash is taken back to Camelot?  Okay, I think I've rambled on long enough, so I hope you enjoy this chapter that I'm still recovering of shock from.

(Ash’s P.O.V.)

     A week had gone by since I had learned about Peter’s plan to protect me and win the battle against the fairies and the mermaids. It would have been an excellent plan had it not involved the girl. She hadn’t done anything, and now she was a pawn in Peter’s game. That’s all it was. A ridiculous game. That’s all any of this was to him. It was to mess with the fairies minds, Clarion’s to be exact.

     It was like a game of chess. You had to be calculating in your next move to take down your opponent. Of course, you also have to adjust to your opponents moves. You have to find the vulnerable spots and beat them there to get the king in a spot where he couldn’t move, so it would be checkmate.

     I knew Peter was good at winning. Peter Pan never fails seemed to be the whole motto around the island. Always has been. There has never been a time when he hasn’t won. He was unbeatable when you went up against him. The lost boys just did as he asked. And sadly, I was doing the exact same thing. It was almost like he knew what Clarion’s move would be before they had even begun. How could he not? They had been close when I had first came to the island. It still felt weird knowing that and just starting to remember memories of the past. They didn’t even seem real. It all seemed like a dream that was actually a reality.

     This entire time I had been thinking of a way to sneak Wendy out of Neverland and send her to find Baelfire and go in her place. But Peter had been moving Wendy just about everywhere on the island, so I didn’t know where she was. He moved her once everyday from what I’ve gathered. It didn’t matter that I had been ignoring him this entire week since he always seemed to know what I had planned before I did it. It was really frustrating. Wendy didn’t deserve to have to go through any of this because of me. I didn’t want to be responsible for her death if that was the fate that Clarion had intended for me.

     “Ash, we need to talk,” Peter said from behind me.

     “Have you decided to let Wendy go back home?”

     “You know I can’t do that. She’s vital to this plan working.”

     “Then get out and don’t come back until you’ve changed your mind.”

     “Ash.”

    “I mean it Peter.”

     “Pan! They’re coming! All of them!” One of the lost boys shouted form outside the tent I had set up for myself. That way I wouldn’t have to be near Peter.