Chapter 35: Dream

(Ash's P.O.V.)

His words sent chills down my spine. If I hadn't been afraid before, I certainly was now. I didn't want to die but more so I didn't want Pan to die because of me. I couldn't bear it if anything happened to him. It wasn't even processing in my mind any of the lost boys dying along with Pan. Not even Rufio. Despite what occurred between us that night. He had even tried to protect me against these men; although, he hadn't exactly done that good of a job. I did appreciate his effort though. It would have been honorable in my father's eyes of trying to save his daughter.

"You should rest up, love. Pan should wake up in a little while and when he comes, it'll be time to die," Hook said.

"You won't get away with this Hook. You can't win."

"Why do you think that, Princess?"

"Because Peter Pan never fails. You can't beat him."

"But I already have."

"No," I laughed at his stupidity. He didn't know Peter as well as I do, but even I didn't know the full extent of how far he would go do get what belonged to him. I just knew him well enough that he doesn't stop. Ever. "You can't stop him. Not even when you think that he's defeated. When you think you've won. He will find a way. He always does."

"Not this time. This time. He will lose everything he's ever loved. Starting with you," he hissed out. "Smee! Take the Princess back to her room!"

"I can manage just fine on my own, Captain," I snapped, standing up from the chair. "But I must advise you that it would be best to let me go free to spare the lives of your men and yourself."

"You're not the one in charge Princess."

I glared at him as I turned around and left his room just as Mr. Smee opened the door. I walked right past him. I headed over to the railing of the ship to see we were halfway from the the island. There was no smoke from anywhere in the island hinting at the fire from the camp. It was gone. Nothing hinting that there had even been a party.

They had to be awake. It wasn't possible for them to still be asleep for this long. Especially Peter. But maybe it was for the best. If I could somehow convince Hook that killing Peter wasn't worth it, that whatever he desired could easily be gained from Camelot. Maybe. Just maybe I could get Hook and his crew away from Neverland. From the lost boys. And from Peter. Even if it meant I had to go with them. This was the only way I could redeem myself after cheating on Peter. He wouldn't know why I left, but it was the only way.

"I'm so sorry Peter. I hope you can forgive me," I whispered to nobody in particular. Looks like the shadow would be getting what he wanted after all. My death or my leave off Neverland.

Shaking my head, I headed down the stairs and opened the door to my own personal prison. I slammed the door shut and ran over to the bed before collapsing onto it and crying as I recalled Peter's and I's last conversation. He had seemed so distant. Emotionless. He even called me Ashlynn and not as Ash as he always did. It made no bloody sense! One that I might never know. I finally closed my eyes and let sleep wash over me until there was only blackness.

"Down boy."

I looked up to see Peter emerging from the shadows with a wicked smirk on his face. His green eyes were glowing and not at all from the moonlight shining down on him and reflecting on the sea behind him. He wore the same clothes he always did since the moment I arrived on Neverland. The only difference was that they were covered in what looked to be blood. His brown hair ruffled from the wind that started up as he lowered his hand down to his side. He pulled out his knife out of his sheath with his other hand and took slow steps towards me, but it didn't seem as if he realized I was right there in front of him.

I stepped out of his way and turned slightly to see an unrecognizable person horribly beaten, battered, and bruised, completely covered in blood and scars cuddled up into a ball. All I could see was dirty blond hair streaked in red blood. That was until he turned over to his back and opened his eyes. I had to hold back a gasp by covering my mouth with my hands as I recognized the boys familiar glowing silver gray eyes with the pupil slightly sharpened as if he had been a wolf just moments before and was only in the process of becoming human again.

"Why are you doing this Pan? I helped you rescue her!" Rufio shouted out, coughing up blood in the process on the sand and all Peter did was chuckle before coming to a stop in front of him.

"I don't like people taking what is mine. A lesson you should have learned a long time ago, laddie. I should have let you die the minute you got scratched by Nirvana. You've always been a pain since day one. Now its time to undergo your punishment."

"All I have ever done is follow your orders!"

"If you had been following orders, you would have known that she was off limits. Time to die, laddie," Pan hissed out throwing his knife right into Rufio's heart.

"NO!" I screamed, rushing over to Rufio as he coughed up blood. "No! Please. You can't die! Rufio! Wake up!" I shouted as he closed his eyes.

"Goodbye Rufio," Peter spat out as I looked up at him in shock just as his eyes darkened to pure darkness.

"Peter, stop!" I yelled at him, hoping, praying that he could hear me. But he didn't. He just kept coming forward and pulled out his dagger that was covered in blood.

My eyes widened as he raised the dagger, and I let loose a scream that sent him flying backwards.

I shot straight up on the bed screaming and stopped as soon as the lights shattered causing the entire room to be consumed by darkness. I jumped as I heard tons of shouts from above and could only guess that the same thing happened to them in their rooms. Oh God, Peter had heard my screams before and came to my rescue both times. If he had heard my scream, he could be coming.