The writer and the star

It was the last day at work. Tomas was tired and he craved for his bed more than anything. But his movie director had some other plans for him and the crew.

With much reluctance, Tomas set out with the team to a bar.

Silence was what he craved for, and that's what he didn't get at all.

There was loud music playing behind eating away all the chatter beside him. He was done with the movie, the shoot and the people around him.

He needed a little break and a small cigarette helped him get out from the crowd. He excused himself and walked through the door leading to the patio.

The patio was full of people and chatter, so he walked a little further where he could find some peace and reached a small alley connecting the patio to the front of the bar.

There was cold breeze coming when he lit his cigarette. The alley where he stood was awfully quiet, he let out a deep sigh.

The music from the bar was coming through, but in the low volume he preferred. There was light coming in from the patio. This place does not have light or sound of its own, this is the place of borrowed, he smiled to himself at his poetic thought.

There was already someone smoking a cigarette beside him, he worried they will come say hi, so he tried to hide his face in his large cap and overly sized hoodie. This was his usual attire whenever he goes out, trying to hide from people who would recognise him otherwise.

For his amusement, the guy beside him looked up at him but didn't show the slightest sign of recognition. They looked at each other in the eye, like the passing wind his gaze didn't stay either.

That's when he remembered seeing the guy from before. He is the assistant of the main writer.

"Quiet a clumsy guy"! He thought to himself.
He tried remembering his name, but nothing came to his head.

He gently flicked his cigarette into the ash tray placed on the windowsill.

The writer didn't move even a little after he tossed his cigarette to the ash tray. He quietly sat down after folding his hoodie into a pillow, leaning to the pillar beside him.

"You aren't planning to go inside?"

The writer looked at him in disbelief and gently said;

"Ugh, no. It's a little too noisy inside".

The light coming from inside suddenly illuminated his face. He squinted a bit while still looking up at him. That's when he noticed his face.

A small face with big curious eyes. Those eyes are hidden behind round Harry Potter glasses. Pink, supple lips that has a small crease in between them. He moved his mouth a little showing disappointment at the light.

Suddenly Tomas started feeling funny and he stood steadily between the light and him. Even though, he wanted to see his lips moving again in displeasure, Tomas just didn't want to let the light destroy his tranquility. He looked up again, started muttering something, but stopped mid way.

"Tomas, come in, everyone's looking for you"
He heard Angel calling out for him.

Angel and he had done a couple of movies together. They had been celebrated as the upcoming celebrity couple everywhere. Tomas sometimes felt Angel wanted to be a little more than his co-actor and friend, a feeling he never acted up on.

"See you inside"

He called out while walking towards the door to Angel. Angel held the door open for him, smiling and intertwining her hands on his, as soon as he entered. She walked a little funny, and he realised she is quiet drunk.

Seeing them walking together, the director exclaimed;

"Here comes my best couple, the Chemistry is just so real".

Angel nudged at him, he smiled and slightly bend to show his appreciation. She lead him besides her seat, between the producer and the director. They had been discussing about the movie and it's completion praising Angel for her performance and the chemistry with Tomas.

Tomas kept smiling at their remarks and he found himself looking at the direction of the door, waiting for the writer to come inside and join them in on the table.