The blue field

After a lot of left and right turns with the car moving up and down through the bumpy road, it stopped when there was no more road to go on.

Tomas saw Roy excitedly opening the door and jumping out like a little kid.

"Dude, where did you bring me? The end of the world?"

Tomas asked stretching himself after getting out from the car.

It was sometime around 9 PM, but looked much later as there were no city lights around. The only light came from the car's flood light and he saw a beautiful field illuminated in front of him.

He got in the car and turned the light off before climbing down. There was nothing else in sight and no noise except the crickets chirping somewhere in distance.

After adjusting his eyes to the moon light, he could see the field in front of him more clearly. It was a thickly grown grass field, reflecting off the blue lights, unkempt and probably ignored for years.

He saw Roy walking through a narrow raise in the field, holding out both his hands as if he were on Titanic. Without delay, Tomas followed him even though he was scared of what might be lurking in the dark. He wanted the flash light from his phone to be turned on so that he could walk without worry. Seeing Roy being so carefree, he didn't want to break the sanctity of the night or the place, he just followed suit catching up to Roy.

Roy stood in the middle of the furrow, still holding out his hand, giggling like a school girl.

"Hoy, Mr. Star! Are you a little scared?"

He asked looking at Tomas's discomfort.

"No, I am not, A star loves the moon right?" Tomas responded pointing his fingers upwards to the glistening moon.

Roy chuckled at this, only inches away from Roy, Tomas didn't feel scared anymore. He felt safe, he felt protected.

"Here, you are a nobody"! Roy said pointing towards the ground.

Tomas smiled like a little child taking in the warm smell of fresh soil and grass around him. He could smell some wild flowers that he couldn't name.

Roy sat cross legged in the furrow, patting the ground beside him urging Tomas to sit down as well. Tomas sat down, feeling so relaxed and the calm overtaking his whole body.

"How do you know this place?", Tomas asked.

"I mean it's beautiful. I never knew a place like this existed so close to the city. If I knew, I would have came here everyday.", Tomas blabbered feeling excited from the gentle breeze wrapping around him.

The night was chilly and thankfully both of them were wearing their jackets when they got out of the car.

"We..uhm..my family owns this place. My dad grew up here." Roy said calmly.

He pointed somewhere outside and said "There is a house there, my dad's old house. But nobody lives there anymore. I come here once in a while to relax."

"So it's a secret place?"

"Yes, a little bit. I used to come camp here with friends when we were in University."

"Thank you for bringing me here."

"Yes. You wanted to feel like a nobody. Do you feel like it?" Roy chuckled.

Tomas didn't know how to respond to that, so he just smiled.

They both sat there quietly, both of them lost in their own thoughts, their shoulder touching each other's.