The confession

It's been a week since their encounter at Roy's house. They both used to exchange a couple of texts everyday, nothing heavy, just the mundane things. Both of them were busy at their jobs and they knew they both needed time off to think where this is headed.

Tomas felt suffocated in the prison he made for himself. Of fame, family, pride and other things he couldn't describe. He wanted to share this to someone, but he was scared of the reaction.

On a Friday evening, he asked to meet Luna. Judging by the tone of his voice, Luna could figure this was some something serious. She also had noticed Tomas's variable mood in the past couple of months and how he had been acting distant and depressed even though she decided not to pry much. She thought it must have been something with Angel as she had been seeing in the news.

Upon reaching his house, she saw Tomas comfortably sitting in his pyjamas. He looked relaxed and calm sipping on a glass of vine listening to somber music. This scared Luna a little as he used to do this every time he had to do something rebellious. The last time she saw him do this was even he decided to become an actor. It was a few disastrous months that followed with uncomfortable family meetings, Tomas living on his own at some shabby apartments as he had been kicked out, him moving to his father's house in France before grandfather decided to call him back and let him act.

Seeing her, Tomas slowly walked up and hugged her, retreating to the open kitchen and bringing a wine glass from one of the shelves. He also brought out a cheese platter and placed it on the coffee table beside the bean bag he collapsed in to.

She slowly made her seat beside him, in a comfortable arm chair and sipped on the vine he served.

She slowly looked at him, he didn't seem to notice.

"What's up baby bro? You seem pensive!"

"Who da baby? You are not older than me", he scrunched his nose replying to her.

"Okay, okay", she raised both her hands in defence chuckling to herself and reminding him she is a few months older than him.

"So, tell me, same age bro, what's up?"

"Hmm.. nothing.. I think.. I just wanted to meet you. Can't I ask to see my same age sis"? He replied smirking while edging closer to her.

"How is the guy meeting thing going on?", Tomas enquired.

"Haven't I told you I met this guy? I am seeing him now. I mean we are not technically dating or anything as such. But we are hanging out as friends. He is also in a similar situation like mine. So we both decided to "sorta" date in front of our parent's eyes and be friends."

"That's a good strategy." Uhm.. he paused for a while contemplating whether he should ask or not.

Sensing Tomas fidgeting, Luna said calmly,

"Max already moved abroad. We text sometimes. They both know about each other. I think Max could settle abroad in an year, if I still cannot bear to be without him, I could "break up" with Rohan and join Max in Australia. Rohan is super cool with it, by the way. So I don't have to feel guilty. He also needed sometime after his break up with his ex, I am the perfect diversion from his parents."

"Rohan seems cool. May be we could all hang out someday. That obviously would be a plus in Papi's eyes."

"Oh yes, definitely. I am sure you will like him."

"How about tomorrow?", Tomas didn't know why he was in such a hurry to meet Rohan. He was free in the weekends and wanted to keep himself occupied. He was scared of himself ending up at Roy's house when he wasn't so sure how to figure things out as he had promised Roy.