Lost and Found

Jasmine took a while before she responded to that.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am as much as I can be."

"But Roy, I am not sure. I know we are in a relationship, but you are my best friend also. I know you for all my life, I know you are not quiet there yet. You don't have to force yourself, let it happen when it happens, okay?
Don't beat yourself up about it."

"Hmm, I know." Roy said unsure what else to say.

"Is it about Tomas?"

Roy took a deep breath before he answered.

"I don't know. When I came back, I was sure that Tomas was a thing in the past. Yesterday, I saw him typing a message and it freaked me a little. I don't think there is anything else.", he said honestly.

Jasmine sighed a little; "It's okay Roy, you will be over it quickly, don't worry."

With that both of them said their good nights and Jasmine resumed back to the design she was doing and Roy collapsed to his bed trying to clear his head and bring good thoughts.

***
It was another day at the family lunch for Tomas. This one was a small one, only his grand dad, uncle and his family, and his mother were there. He didn't know why was this lunch arranged and he could figure it had something to do with Luna as he saw her sitting quietly in one of the chairs.

He was trying to avoid everyone's questions as much as possible by trying to concentrate on his plate.

"Luna, how did the lunch go?"

His grand dad's question woke him up from his thoughts and he looked up at Luna.

Luna looked slightly uncomfortable.

She put the fork and knife on both sides of the plate before answering.

"It was good, papi!"

"So, are you going to meet him again?"

"Yes, I think I will." Luna replied taking back her fork and starting to eat.

Tomas knew it was going to be his turn of answering the questions and he adjusted himself in the chair as he knew it would be a similar question for him as well.

"So, are you seeing that girl Angel? I saw in the newspaper".

"No, papi. She is just a friend, I am currently not seeing anybody".

"I know you are busy with doing movies and all that. But you should try to slowly start learning business".

"I will try, Papi".

There was a small pause and he looked towards his mother's side pleading her to rescue from more questions. She looked slightly out of focus and Tomas couldn't figure why.

It was his uncle who spoke the next sentence and Tomas could figure out the reason behind his mom's reaction.

"Anyway since you are in the industry, your grand dad and I am planning to invest a little there as well. You can take charge of it after we set it up. It's still in the initial stage".

Tomas was short of words for a few seconds. He didn't know what to say. One of the reasons why he wanted to do movies was he wanted to stay away from the family business. But now it's following him to that also and there is not many things he could do to avoid it.

He didn't say anything and he just kept staring at the food. He only looked up when he felt a small nudge at his leg, coming from Luna.

"Okay, uncle. I will think about it", is all he could say.