Call me by your name

With a heart that's eager to jump out of the chest, Tomas slowly entered Roy's room.

An impeccably clean and organised room. It followed a similar theme as the first floor. Minimalism with elegance flowing all throughout. Just like the living room, one side was a large window that opened to the terrace with a view of the swimming pool in the compound. From the room, he could also see the thick growth of neatly maintained bushes and mango trees that spread throughout the backyard.

There was a mini library on both ends of the glass door with a reading chair placed looking out at the view.

He saw Roy's nerdy glasses placed on top of an open book as a book mark. He climbed to the small steps leading to the reading corner and opened the book placed. He had missed Roy's glasses for a long time. He remembered Roy does not wear them anymore, he used to look so cute in them, whenever he used to see Roy in the film set.

"Don't you know you shouldn't take other people's stuff ?"

He felt Roy walking up to him, trying to snatch the book from his hand.

He held the book up, tiptoeing. They both were of almost the same height, so Tomas had to tiptoe just so that Roy would not reach him.

"Rumi's poems", Tomas read out the caption of the book louder slightly smiling to himself which annoyed Roy even further.

He could feel his ears heating up from their proximity. To make matters worse, he could feel Roy's minty breath fanning his cheeks trying to grab on to the book.

Tomas had to give up, or else, he didn't know what would happen.

"Okay, okay. You win. Here you go",

Tomas lowered his tiptoeing bringing both of their lips so close. Tomas looked at Roy and he could see something quivering in his eyes, just like always, he couldn't place this reaction.

Grabbing the book, Roy suddenly broke their eye contact and moved to the other side.

Tomas kept reading through the book shelf. Something caught his eyes and he picked it up from the shelf,

"Did you like it?", he asked holding a copy of call me by your name.

"I loved it", Roy said without delay. Realising his overly enthusiastic reply, he bit his tongue and blushed.

Seeing Roy's teeth biting on to his tongue, Tomas felt himself missing a heart beat.

"Have you read it, too?"

"Yes, I did. I loved it too. I want to go to Lombardy someday."

"Me too.", Roy replied trying so difficult to control his blush.

Tomas suddenly thought of the two of them riding a bicycle through the Italian country side. Without a care in the world. Where he is just Tomas, not a film star, not a heir. Just Tomas, who is so deeply in love with the nerdy boy standing right in front of him.

The thought made Tomas happy and sad at the same time.

The house keeper knocked on the door breaking both of their thoughts and Roy urged her to come in.

"You can keep it on the coffee table, aunty.", Roy said ever so politely to the old lady who came in with fresh orange juice and a few snacks on a tray.

"Sure, Roy. Just call me if you need anything", the lady retreated giving Tomas a gentle smile.

Tomas stopped his browsing through the books and sat down beside Roy on the couch and coffee table placed in one end of the room.