Alpha to Alpha

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Li," Theo had woke up after the first ring and was now trying to wake up Liam, who was out like a light. After spending months being woken up by the police, it didn't take much to get himself out of the early morning tiredness.

Ring. Ring.

"Fine I'll answer your phone." It was the least he could do, considering Liam was there every time he so much as stirred or seemed anxious through the night after Deaton, Mason and Corey left, which was around two in the morning. It was now five in the morning.

He looked at who was calling and blinked. It was Scott.

"Hi Scott," His voice was soft, deep and sounded better than last night with... Well, the nightmare.

"Theo?" Scott was surprised. Theo then guessed he still saw him as the bad guy and sighed, not wanting an argument or the usual thing from Stiles, which was always going to be that they didn't trust him.

"Liam's still sleeping. He's had a bad night. Should I pass on a message?" He asked and waited for the reply. Which came with confusion.

"Malia found out where Aaron is hiding. We have to stop Aaron and the daughter from merging. Liam and Mason can go after school while we're distracting the girl -"

"I'll go with Mason. Liam won't have the energy to deal with all this." Whether he himself would was a different question. "The akunite was here and attacked me the worst. He helped. If you trust me enough, I'll go." Theo blurted, feeling protective of Liam as he watched his little wolf sleep soundly.

There was silence for a moment. "Alright, Theo. Liam trusts you, that's enough for me."

Theo felt like that a weight lifted off his shoulders. Scott didn't necessarily say that he trusted him... But... It was a start.

---

Later that day...

"I'm sorry, Mason. I don't know -"

"You have to care, Theo."

I do care. I tried. I'm useless. They don't need me. They're better off without me.

"Tell Liam I'm sorry."

---

Scott dropped him off at home, late at night, after trying and failing keeping the Half's apart. But that wasn't what was on Liam's mind. Scott could tell. He was his beta after all. His brother in all but blood.

"Liam?" He questioned and Liam looked up, with water in his eyes. He could feel the depressed feeling of Liam, like his heart was broken. Before Scott could question him, Liam spoke.

"He's gone."

Scott frowned, not following. Of course, he hadn't been updated in the recent happenings of Liam's life since Liam had found Theo at the zoo with Kate. He had thought that Liam would have told him but no one had mentioned anything. Not Deaton, not Mason, or Theo or even Liam himself. It had got Scott thinking though. Maybe, like himself, Liam had a pack of his own. But... Did that mean he didn't do a good job?

"Who has, Liam? Who's gone?"

"Theo." He sounded broken. Just as broken as he had been when Allison.... Wait.

"How do you know? Did he text you?" Scott had so many questions. Thoughts were going through his head and he couldn't think clearly.

"He didn't have to. Mase sent a message. Apparently he couldn't take away his pain. They had found Aaron, but he knew they were there. Theo had looked... He had said to Mase to tell me he was sorry. He made sure Aaron would loose Mase and then.." Liam broke, sniffing and wiping his eyes, not being able to finish the story.