Silver Bullet

Liam didn't know which way to duck as he heard a bang and Lydia's warning shout. But a silver bullet missed inches away from the corner of his eyes as he backed away in what felt like slow motion, the target not heading for him, but heading for Mason and Corey.

Before he could move, Theo sprinted past him, forgetting there was mountain ash around Mason and Corey as he was pulled away from them from the force. The bullet hit the nemeton, narrowly missing Corey.

Liam ran to catch Theo from falling as about ten hunters surrounded them.

"I'll sit back and watch the show" Tara spoke grinning as she sat down the nemeton, elbow on her knees as she looked bored, watching her plan unfold,  and that's when Liam noticed someone was missing. Actually, three someone's.

"Where's Lorrie, Scott and Isaac?" He asked, and Theo looked at him helplessly, not knowing the answer.

"We're doomed" Corey stated trying to joke and Theo stared at him, shaking his head. "I tried to get to you, I thought -"

"It's fine, T. There's lines supernaturals can't cross. She knew that. I know that" Corey said to reassure Theo, but it didn't really work.

"You're surrounded!" They heard a hunter shout, and Liam furrowed his brows together when he recognised Nolan's scent in the crowd. Now, Liam knew he was only acting out of fear. He knew he didn't have it in him, that he had chosen the wrong side. How did he know right now? Nolan was scared shitless.

Not of the supernaturals or the hunters but of himself.

He was planning to change Nolan's mind. As soon as they were done with this mess.

"Ah but we have something you don't" Theo said confidently.

"What's that?"

"A pack. Love. And a former raging sociopath." Theo spoke out as his eyes turned yellow, growling, claws out. Liam could only watch as Theo sprinted towards the Hunters, to only watch him flip from a tree and heading straight to his sister, who was apparently more than prepared for the attack. Using her strength she pushed Theo back into the middle of the fight, him landing on his ass with a heavy thud.

"Kill the rest," One hunter ordered and Liam's eyes panicked, mirroring Nolan's expression unknowingly. "But, Corey and Mason are human." Nolan said, and two of his friends were conflicted. A few hunters hesitated before aiming their guns at them.

"They're with them. It doesn't matter."

A fight broke out, guns being shot, and everyone racing to protect the ones they care about. Which side anyone was on didn't matter, they all had one goal.

Being alive.

---

Isaac and Scott held each other as Lorrie surrounded the pair by the well Scott knew all too well about. It was the same on he rescued Liam from. Scott didn't know what to think, the Lorrie he remembered... Had it all been a lie? Why was he with Tara? What was really going on?

"You should have stayed in France." Scott said breaking the silence and Isaac chuckled.

"And leave my alpha to fight the biggest fight we've had? When Chris texted... I couldn't say no. I had to come back. She would have wanted me to." Isaac told Scott, who nodded in understanding.

"Thank you," He spoke softly, his heart beating quickly.

"You want to know what I'm going to do to your pack, Tara, the Hunters and Liam's pack?" Lorrie asked and Scott growled lowly, red eyes flashing and so did Isaac, amber eyes glowing. Scott place an arm around Isaacs waist to stop him from attacking just yet.