Survival of the Fittest

Author's Note: I will be going to focus on Liam and Theo, because this is a thiam story, but I do want to write some of the scenes from the last episode of season 6b as well, so I hope it turns out okay... after these next few chapters we'll start on looking at what happens when Scott leaves.

"You might just survive this..."

"SCOTT! Scott! None of us are going to survive this!" Lydia shouted, running up to him out of breath, arriving with Peter and Isaac. As Scott helped Deucalion up, Peter spoke, concern across his face as his shoulders relaxed that Malia was okay, that she wasn't hurt. For now, at least. They didn't have much time.

"They're coming. The hunters... With heavy fire power." Peter warned but before Scott could do anything, cars rolled up and hunters with guns didn't wait for anything as they fired their bullets. While Scott's back was turned, none of them had time to move. It felt like Scott was in slow motion as he heard the guns continue to shoot.

Straight at Deucalion.

The group around him rushed and jumped for shelter, hiding behind the pillars and whatever they could find while the hunters walked towards them, with never ending bullets being fired, Scott could only think maybe if he had done more none of this would be happening.

Isaac was taken shelter with Lydia and Malia when he spotted one hunter standing opposite Scott, gun, ready to shoot.

"SCOTT!" Isaac shouted out and just as Scott heard the shout, he turned and focused on the hunter in front of him, eyes wide, and trapped.

Until a familiar blue jeep ran full speed into the hunter, taking him down.

The window was open. "Didn't think you were doing this without me, did you?" Stiles asked.

"Without us?" Derek added. Leaping out of the car, ready to fight.

That was all they needed.

Malia, Isaac and Derek all got their claws put, knocking the hunters down and fighting, while Peter did the same. Stiles went to Lydia and hid with her and Scott, after the hunters left, went to see Deucalion, with a look of sadness in his eyes. He always tried to save everyone, but... There was always one.

Allison.

Aiden.

Now Deucalion.

"Can't believe you didn't bother to tell me about any of this. Not a word. Not a single word." Stiles said, leaving out Theo for now. He'd tell them at a slightly better time.

"We had our reasons. Really good reasons." Lydia replied as they both walked over to Scott.

As everyone crowded round, Scott touched. Deucalion's hand, hoping to take away pain. Any of it. But he was stone cold, and he wasn't letting him.

"Gerrard..." Deucalion spoke, "W-what he fears t-the most..." He was stuttering, Scott's pain about loosing someone else was clear in his eyes. "Is that he can't beat you." He then looked up at Scott with one last smile.

"And he knows it."

"It's really started hasn't it?" Malia asked.

"What's started?" Stiles questioned in reply. He then looked to Isaac, who was wiping his eyes, and rolled his eyes. "Well, at least it is the right weather for a scarf this time."

Isaac frowned, about to say something when Scott turned to face them all with determination.

"It's an all out war."

He stopped when he saw Derek, and didn't think about anything else as he hugged him, both holding each other tight as if it might be the last time.