Little Wolf

"Liam."

"Liam."

"Little wolf."

"Li."

"Liam."

"Liam"

"Baby wolf."

"Liam."

"Liam."

"Love."

"What?!" Liam finally growled back as he held Theo protectively as he waited for Deaton to arrive. That usual smirk was on Theo's face and Liam didn't have it in him to glare.

"I'll be okay." Theo spoke and Liam breathed heavily. "How do you know? I couldn't get to you in time." Liam replied feeling useless. He heard his phone go off but he didn't care.

"You found me, though. You scared the she-wolf! I couldn't be more impressed." Theo was starting to struggle with talking and Liam's forehead rested against Theo's closing his eyes.

"But..."

"Your phone. Answer your phone." Theo coughed out and Liam took a long look at Theo, who nodded and he answered his phone.

"Finally! Lydia and Melissa are in surgery. We need you at the hospital." Mason spoke hurriedly.  Liam didn't take his eyes off Theo who was listening to every word.

"What happened?" Liam questioned, "I can't go. Scott has Malia, he doesn't need me right now." He answered, he was not about to tell Mason what he had just gone through.

"The whole of beacon hills have weaponry, Gerrard's weapons. What do you mean you can't be here? It's not safe to be outside and by yourself!" He could tell Mason was trying to knock some sense into him but nothing would change his mind.

"It's not safe anywhere by the sound of it. No one will find me here. See you at school, Mason." Liam hung up and Theo frowned. "You didn't tell Mason?"

Liam shook his head. "What could I tell him? How could I explain what we just went through?"

"I'd start from the beginning." Deaton's voice shocked the pair.

"It's yellow wolfsbane." Liam replied, relieved to see Deaton. Who nodded, "You said before, Liam. Luckily, I know how to remove it from his body. Why don't you start by telling me what happened?"

Theo stared as he saw the gas torch that Deaton had brought. Liam hadn't let go of Theo. "I tracked Theo here. He was tied up and there was mountain ash circled around him." Liam started and Deaton was observing the cave around them. Then he looked at the ash on the ground. Then he looked back at Theo, who gave him one nod. He turned back to Liam.

"Was?"

"I got through it. I don't know how. I, I thought we couldn't get past mountain ash. But she was telling us something. That the others hadn't figured out." Theo nudged him and Liam winced, "Ow!"

"Who's she? What haven't we figured out?"

"Kate!" Liam blurted out. "It was Kate."

"She left before I could kill her!" Theo grunted and Liam rolled his eyes. "You weren't going to kill her." He countered and Theo raised his eyebrows, "Oh believe me, I could have."

Deaton watched the exchange and used the lighter to get the wolfsbane out of Theo's system, who groaned and squeezed Liam's hand. Liam didn't realise he was doing it but he took away some of Theo's pain as this was happening. Though when he realised what he was doing, the two shared a moment of longing stare.

"Thank you, Deaton." Theo said after a seemingly agonising few minutes.  Deaton nodded.

"As you probably know, it's not safe to be by yourselves. Liam, you go back home. Theo, go back to yours. No, I won't tell the others. Not unless it involves the rest of the pack." Deaton finished talking and Liam nodded while Theo looked a little lost. It was then Liam registered that there was still one sleeping bag left in the cave hidden towards the back. Liam frowned deeply.

"Theo, what were you doing out here anyway?" Liam asked and Theo opened his mouth to speak but closed it again.

"Stiles said there was a homeless young man about Scott's age parking in different parts of town. Driving the police station mad. They hadn't seen him in a few days." Deaton informed them. Liam put the dots together and whacked Theo on his arm, who looked at him as if that would have hurt.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Liam questioned and Theo rolled his eyes. "Now his brain works. That's convenient." 

"I'll leave you to it. Be safe. Don't stay here too long." Deaton bid goodbye and the two nodded, Deaton smiling as he walked back to his car. Neither had realised they were still holding hands.

---

"I'm not going in." Theo said for the millionth time as they arrived to Liam's house. Liam dragged him to the front door and opened said door with a look of fondness that he couldn't hide.

"Mum?"

"She's at work, Liam!" Terrence called back and Liam rolled his eyes. Of course. Where else would she be? Though for once, Liam thought that was the safest place for her.

"She always at work?" Theo questioned curiousity getting the better of him as he didn't let go of Liam's grip. Liam nodded. "All the time. I'm used to it. Terrance, can we talk for a minute?" Liam asked, closing the door behind him and putting the keys back in his pocket.

"I can still leave... I'll be fine out there." Theo tried one more time. Liam shook his head. "It'll be below freezing tonight. You're staying here. That, and you need a shower. You stink." He added and Theo looked very offended.

"Liam, what's wrong? Theo?" Dr Geyer spoke as he recognised the boy from the hospital, who had been there more than once while he was on shift and Theo looked down to the floor, remembering why they were here in the first place.

"Can he stay with us for a while? In the spare room? His parents are struggling and he left home to help, but he's been camping and it's going to be below freezing the next few days -" Liam was well aware he was babbling and he felt bad for lying to his Dad but it was Theo he was doing this for.

"Of course he can, Liam. I'll talk to you later, should be back around seven in the morning. I've got a night shift at the hospital." He said welcoming Theo, who smiled thankfully as he left.

"You lied to him?" Theo questioned once they heard the car leave. "I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. You heard him. You can stay."

"You lied to Mason earlier." Theo took his shoes and jacket off and Liam frowned slightly, looking back at Theo with confusion.

"How?"

"You said Scott didn't need you. He always needs you." Theo spoke and Liam opened his mouth, with no sound coming out, he closed it again. Shocked.

"Thank you, little wolf. You saved me out there today." Theo said, continuing to talk as he stepped closer to Liam, he kissed him softly on the cheek, "What film should we watch?" Theo asked like nothing has happened making his way to through the house while Liam stood still, not knowing how to process what had just happened.