Blame it on me

Scott and Isaac came back to an empty place full of dead hunters. Scott's and Liam's pack looking heartbroken. Liam leaning into Theo's hold, Lydia covering her face her eyes wide in shock and disbelief. Parrish was moving the bodies to the nemeton. Nolan was still there, covered in scars and dirt.

"Liam! Corey isn't human anymore!" Scott brought their attention to him.

"We know." A reply came back. It was Theo.

"You, how do you know?" Scott asked, feeling all sorts of bad, and he felt Isaac place his hand in his.

"Tara told us. Lorrie killed Munroe. Mason is broken, Corey... He ran after Mase finally got him free. The hunters who were still alive went back to base. We only made it worse." Liam told Scott.

"Where's Tara?" Isaac asked.

"She left while Lorrie was attacking. She'll be back." Theo spoke solemnly. 

"Where were you, Scott?" Liam asked, anger in his voice.

Scott felt awful, but it wasn't his fault he was pushed into a well and his clothes were still completely soaked, all because Lorrie couldn't have Tara figure out who he was really going to kill. He sighed, "Isaac and I were stuck in a well."

Liam showed a face of confusion more than anything else but anger was still in his eyes. His alpha hadn't been here.

"This isn't his fault, Liam." Mason said, placing a hand on Liam's shoulder, trying to calm him. It only worked slightly.

"It's someone's fault!" Liam shouted clearly in pain. Theo couldn't handle Liam's pain, he could feel it. He could feel the anger. He placed his hand on Liam's other shoulder, "Blame it on me, she's my sister. She planned this." Theo spoke heavily and it was then and only then Scott's pack, or those that were there, knew just how much Theo had changed.

It was Mason who broke the tension, looking straight at Scott with the same pain Liam had shown.

"Okay, Scott, you really need to do something." Mason spoke and Scott looked helpless. "Do what?! Mason, what am I supposed to do? I can't stop this. I don't know how! I'm not... I..." Scott trailed off, for once not knowing how to help, for once, he didn't have hope.

"By asking for help!" Malia arrived, no one wondered where she had been, too busy to figure out what to do next and Scott frowned, "Who's help? Everyone we know is here, now." All apart from...

"Not everyone." Lydia said, "Stiles, we need Stiles." She said catching on to what Malia was advising. Derek. He isn't here either. Scott thought.

"Not who I had in mind. We shouldn't stay here though. Scott, come with me to yours. Everyone else, call it a night. We can win this." She said and everyone nodded, not really believing her but still started to leave. Liam and Theo holding hands with Nolan looking a little lost trailing behind. All apart from Isaac and Scott, who nodded at Malia for her to leave, which she did after a moment.

Isaac let go of Scott's hand, only just realising he had been holding his hand. "Tell me what Lorrie meant." Isaac said.

"I... It's difficult." Scott replied looking to his feet.

"Screw that. C'mon Scott. I came back from France for you. Do you know how many hot girls are in France?" Isaac said with a smile. 

They were both thinking back to the same memory.

"You're the hot girl who everyone wants, own it!" Stiles walked away with a silly grin and Scott was smiling brightly when Isaac joined them, with confusion that only lasted for a moment. Seeing Scott happy, care free just for a moment was something rare and something Isaac appreciated more than he realised.

"I'm the hot girl." Scott said, grinning widely though somehow looking completely serious about the whole thing, Isaac decided to go with it. He learnt that Stiles and Scott were weird. It was refreshing. Isaac nodded, completely serious too.

"Yes you are."

"Enough for you." Scott retorted and Isaac frowned. "I'm really worried. Should I be worried?" Isaac asked and Scott shook his head.

"No, you shouldn't be. I... I think I'm bi,"

Isaac's mouth opened agape with surprise. "I wouldn't have guessed that." He said, frowning. "Is that why you're rubbish with girls?" He joked, accepting it quite easily. "Who made you realise you were? When did you find out?"

"I kissed a guy called Finn in a club while we looked for Jackson. I enjoyed it more than Allison's and more than Kira's. I dunno, I just. I did love both of them. I don't know why I've kept it secret." Scott rambled.

"I know why." Isaac said stepping closer to him. Scott frowned. "Why?"

"You're scared of change."

---

Theo was hitting his thumb with the steering wheel as they drove back to Liam's house. They had dropped Nolan off but still weren't sure who's side he was on, that wasn't on Theo's mind.

"I don't think it should have been that easy for Lorrie to kill Munroe." He said, biting his lip, glancing at Liam who had been looking out of the window into the darkness. A lot had gone on in one evening and he didn't know what to make of any of it. And... Corey .... Corey was with Mason tonight. They had till the next full moon which was just under a month away to try and fix him.

When it registered to Liam what Theo had said, he frowned slightly.

"Let it be that easy. I'm sure she wasn't moving, T. If she is dead, it's just Gerrard we need to stop." Liam said, sounding hopeful.

Theo sighed but his expression changed as they entered Liam's street. Thinking back at tonights events. His sister.. Liam in danger. His pack in danger. It all hit hard.

"Li, I just want to say. I don't want you to die." Theo said softly and genuinely as they parked up on Liam's driveway. He took the keys out and only then realised Liam's pair of eyes staring at him, watery, like he was going to cry. Which confused Theo.

"Liam? Are you okay? Did I upset you?" Theo asked and got the shock of his life when Liam silenced him with his soft lips.

It was the best feeling he had ever felt, Theo closed his eyes as his lips moved by themselves, syncing perfectly with Liam's as Liam ran a hand through his hair. Theo put his hand on Liam's cheek and wiped his tears, only Liam's hand held his, running his thumb over his own.

Why hadn't they done this sooner?

Why had he not realised just how special Liam was to him?

He didn't want whatever this was to stop.

Only Liam did stop, their foreheads touching as he was a little out of breath. "I told you I'd kiss you if we survived." Liam whispered with a true smile and Theo laughed, not able to control his blush as he kissed Liam once more, lost for words.

---

Lydia had fallen asleep quite quickly and as usual, her mind drifted. Seeing Lorrie move to fast for her to judge where he was, seeing Theo try to save Corey and Mason with Liam by his side. Seeing Nolan not knowing what side was the enemy any more.

But the replays changed.

She was in a dark place, hand cuffs tied too tightly to be comfortable, a group of people cheering. A man's voice leading the group.

A different place showed up, she could still hear the shouting but all she could feel was pain and love and hurt.

"Where is he?" Lydia spoke in her sleep, gripping her duvet cover, moving her head side to side with a frown creasing on her face.

"Where is he?"

She felt connected to him, she knew the voice, she couldn't place it. But she knew they were part of the pack.

She sat up suddenly. Panting, out of breath, before,

"Where's Jackson?"