Chapter Thirty

By the morning Katara and Hama had already gone out, leaving the others to do more investigating into
the spirit thats being taking people during the full moon.

They had ventured around the village coming to a beautiful view of the valley "this has gotta be the nicest, natural setting in the fire nation" Aang said in wonderment looking out at the view.

"yeah, it's just beautiful to look at" Cara says "yeah its-can you and Toph stop doing that" Aang said frustrated at his friend as Cara and Toph laugh, the Avatar sighed as he looked back out to the view "all I'm saying is I can't think of anything that could make a spirit mad"

"maybe the moon spirit just turned mean" Toph spoke out her opinion, but because of Sokka's previous relationship with the now moon Spirit Yue he sort of lost his temper a little "the moon spirit is a gentle, loving lady she rules the sky with compassion and....... Lunar goodness!" he yelled, Cara put her hands up in defence "calm down, Yue might be on a paddy, we don't know" Cara then looked up "sorry Yue, no disrespect to a fellow northern watertriber" Cara then kissed her fingers and pointed them to the sky.

Aang then saw a local and went up to him "excuse me, sir can you tell us anything about the sprit that's been stealing people?" He asked nicely, the man placed his hands on his chin "only one man ever saw it and lived, and that's old man Ding" he informed the children "why does old man Ding live?" Toph asked the man grabbing hold of his clothes, he informed them of old man dings location and they traveled there, by the time they got there, it was dark and they saw old man ding trying to hammer a nail into some wood.

"old man ding?" Cara says distracting him, making him hammer his thumb instead of the nail, he groaned a little and turned around "what?!"

"can't you see I'm busy? Got a full moon rising and why does everyone call me that, I'm not that old" he says trying to lift a small piece of wood "well, I'm young at heart" Aang then helped old man ding lift the wood "not ready to get snapped up by some moon monster, yet at least" he says placing the piece of wood on the window "we wanted to ask you about that" Sokka says picking up the hammer and hammering a nail into it.

Did you get a good look at the spirit that took you? "Cara asked in a sweet voice

"didn't see no spirit, just felt something come over me like I was possessed, forced me to start walking to the mountain" old man ding then pointed towards the mountain, Though the description Cara began to think of something that sounded like old man ding was describing, and she knew it wasn't good "I tried to fight it, but I couldn't control my own limbs, it just about had me into a cave up there, and I looked up at the moon for what I thought would be my last glimpse of light" the description made Sokka quake in his knees and it made fear rise in Cara, because she might know what of took control of this poor old man "but then the sun began to rise and I got control of myself again I just hightailed it away from the mountains as quick as I could"

"why would a spirit want to take people to a mountain?" Sokka asked "we told you we heard people screaming under the mountain the missing villagers must still be there" Toph yelled as they looked at the mountain "we need to save them!" Cara yelled as she ran off "wait up water spout!" Toph yelled chasing after her girlfriend "hey wait for us!" Sokka yelled as the two boys ran to keep up with the two blind girls.

They reached the spot they camping near and both Toph and Cara reached to the ground "I can hear them" Toph says "me to, they're this way" the two blind girls ran off again, the two boys following behind them until they reached a cave "come on" Cara said grabbing hold of Toph's hand as they slid down the steep entrance, they got to a door which was no problem for Toph who busted it off its hinges, they ran untill they found lots of people "spirits, there's so many" Cara held her mouth in shock at how many people was down in the cave "I didn't know that spirits made prisons like this" Aang said just as shocked.

They began to get the people out of their chains "it wasn't no spirit Aang, it was Hama" Cara shook a little at the thought they stayed with that witch.

"I knew there was something creepy about her!" Sokka yelled "we need to go and get Katara, she's in danger" Aang said in worry "you three go, I'll get these people out of here" Toph says as they three nodded and ran off.

Once they found Katara and Hama, it looked like the young waterbender wasn't in any trouble at all "we know what you've been doing, Hama!" Sokka yelled "your out numbered!" Aang yelled but Hama laughed "you've outnumbered yourselves" she then attempted to bloodbend the three but then felt herself stop, not being able to control her movements "what's happening?!" she yelled.

They looked towards Cara who held a waterbending pose "I promised myself I'd never use this again, but your an exception" Her voice was scary calm as she forced Hama to submit to her, it almost worked untill Hama got free by sheer force and will knocking Cara into a tree.

She felt dizzy, having not used blood bending in a while, it took a lot out of her, she felt her eyes began to close as tiredness overtook her, the last thing she heard was Katara crying as she fell into a calm sleep.