Chapter Twelve

To Cara It felt like the three had been flying forever before Aang landed, Cara 'looked' out and felt a ship in the distance with many people aboard it.

"you haven't seen your dad in over two years. You must be so excited" Aang said with his cheery voice looking at Sokka but the boy was about to be sick "I know I should be, but I just feel sick to my stomach" Sokka said holding his stomach as it growled in pain.

"awww skoodles you a little nervous?" Cara said with a cheeky smile on her face as she was laying on the sky bison's back "don't be nervous, he's gonna be so happy to see you" Aang said with his usual optimism, placing his hand on Sokkas back making him smile a little.

"so what about you two? Nervous about meeting the guru?" Sokka asked making Cara rise and look vaguely in his direction as her brown hair fell to her shoulders "well I don't know, I'm already very good without the Avatar state" she said shrugging.

"what about you Aang?" she asked the bald headed kid he looked out into the distance before answering "I don't know either, I'm ready to master the Avatar state I'll do what ever it takes" he said with a serious voice as Sokka nodded before getting of the sky bison "see ya in a week pony tale" Cara waved as Aang took off again, the force nearly made Cara fall of the bison but she kept her grip.

Cara made her way to Appa's head and sat beside Aang who looked at her as she started stroking Appa's head, he thought about how close Toph and her have being since they met and couldn't help but smile at his friend "so, how are you Toph?" the boy asked and Cara blushed bright red at the simple question.

"w-we're fine" she stuttered and Aang laughed a little "well you both are extremely close, it's almost like your both secretly dating" he said and Cara bit her lip contemplating whether to tell him or not.

She sighed and tuned her head towards him "OK the truth is, we are dating" Aang smiled.

"that's great" he said hugging his friend, Cara giggled a little still as red as a tomato "yeah I'm glad as well, I just hope she's ok. I don't like not being near her" Cara said sadly looking down as she grabbed some of Appa's fur tightly.

"don't worry, you'll see her again in no time" Aang said without thinking but once he saw Cara's not amused face he instantly remembered "well not see her but you know what I mean, please don't hurt me" he pleaded and was ready for her to hit his arm but it never came.

He heard her giggling and looked to see a smile on her face "your too Loveable for your own good" she said and placed her head on his shoulders as she yawned "wake me up when we get there" she said before falling to sleep.

Aang had being flying for some time now, but he saw the air temple in sight and landed, he looked at Cara and shake her awake "we're here" he said and Cara brought her hands up and rubbed her pale blue eyes and yawned again.

They both got off the sky bison and walked up some stairs.

"hello?" Aang asked and went up the a old man sitting crosslegged on the floor and Cara followed him "you're Guru Pathik, right? The person who attached the note to Appa's horn?"

"indeed" Pathik answered in a sort of high pitched voice "I was a spiritual brother of your people, and a personal friend of monk Gyatso" he told the two Avatars, making them shocked.

"in the note, you said you could teach us to gain control of the Avatar state, How?" Cara asked as they sat down in the same position opposite the man.

"you must gain balance within yourself before you can bring balance to the world and the first step to gaining balance begins with this" he then passed two coconuts to the Avatars and they drank it to only spit it out again "ew what's in this disease and mold" Cara asked wiping the rest off her tongue.

"no onions and banana peel, delicious" Pathik said drinking the rest of his coco nut.

Sometime later after some training, they had taken a rest sitting by a water Fall, both Aang and Cara were tired, Cara sat on the ground resting her head in her hands.

"in order to master the Avatar State, you must first open all the chakras" Pathik said and earned a confused look from Cara "what in all the spirits is a Shakira?"

"chakras" Pathik corrected looking into the distance "Aang tell Cara everything you know about chakras" he said looking towards the children.

"I don't know what a Chakras is" Aang said rubbing his eyes and Pathik looked unimpressed "oh, I see. I guess we'll start with the basics" Pathik grabbed a stick and started doing circles in a pond "water flows through this creek much like the energy flows through your body, as you see there are several pools where the water swirls around before flowing on, these pools are like our chakras" Pathik finished explaining.

"so chakras are pools of energy in our bodies?" Cara asked and Pathik nodded " yes if there was nothing around this Creek wood floor pure and clear, however life is messy in the things tend to fall in the creek, and what happens?" he asked.

"the creek can't flow?" Aang said and Pathik nodded pushing a rock out of the way for the stream of water to continue "but if we open up the paths between the pools-" Aang cut him off "the energy flows"

The stream continued to flow and Pathik smiled at the children before they continued training it was really late before they decided to take a rest and have a little sleep.

Cara layed down on the thin cloth and just thought of Toph, she missed her so much, the silkyness of her hair and the touch of her skin. It made her feel butterflies in her stomach and heart beat faster, almost like it would explode.

Cara closed her eyes and thought of her Toph, and how much she wanted to hold her little earth bender.

A/n I've decided to make the chapters shorter as well as third person, so they have better flow and stuff like that. Tell me what you think of the changes and if you like them please.