Chapter Twenty One

The Gaang was currently standing on top of a cliff, overlooking a fishing village, or what was a fishing village "the air is so dirty, I can't even see the village" Cara said as she squinted her eyes "it's like having dirt in my eyes that I can't get rid of" she added as she rubbed her eyes.

"I don't feel anything, Where's this village?" Toph asked as she held Cara's hand "it's in the middle of the river" Sokka said pointing towards the village that was in the dirty river.

"sure is" a man said, the gaang looked down to see a man on a little boat "names Dock, mind if I ask who you are?" he said taking off his hat and bowing.

"we're from the earth Kingdom colonies" Katara said and the man hummed "colonials, hop on, I'll give you a ride into town" he offered, the gaang got on his little boat as he started rowing.

"why do you guys live on the river?" Katara asked as the man swapped tides so he could row from the right "because we're a fishing town, at least thats how it was before the factory moved in" he then pointed to a giant factory, pumping out lots of black smoke in the air and slug into the river "army makes their metal there, moved in a few years ago and started gunking up our river, for now our little village is struggling to survive"

The gaang then went onto the village walkways as Dock docked his boat, everywhere they looked well, 3 of them looked, all they saw was people starving and looking defeated "we have to help them" Katara said as she kept looking at the despear the factory has caused.

"no, we can't waste our time here, we have a bigger mission that we need to stay focused on, these people are all on their own" Sokka said and walked off not before Cara stopped him as she held her hand out in front of him "these people are starving and what would it make us to turn our backs on them, you my dear friend pony tale, are heartless" she said getting right in his face as she possibly could.

"I'm not being heartless, I'm being realistic, we can't go around helping every rinky-dink town we wonder in too, we'll be helping them all by taking out the fire lord" he said a little to loudly, Toph then stopped Sokka talking by placing her hand on his mouth "hey, loud mouth, maybe we should be a little quieter when we talk about taking out the fire lord" she said and Sokka lowered his voice.

"come on, Cara, be reasonable about this, you know our mission has to come first" Cara sighed as she looked down "I guess so" she said sadly.

The gaang went to the only shop in the village and were a little surprised to see Dock "hey, Dock, you work here too?"

"I'm not Dock, I'm shoe, Dock's my brother" he said earning a confused look from Aang "but we just saw you, you're even wearing the same clothes, the only difference is your hat" Aang said but Shoe? Still persisted he was not Dock "Dock works on the docks, that's why they call him Dock and I work in the shop that's why they call me shoe" he explained, Cara then leaned towards Aang and whispered in his ear "he's a few marbles down" she whispered.

"I don't get it" Aang said and Shoe kept smiling "me neither" he said before getting a small crate of fish out "what can I get you?" The gaang looked at the fish and it was all rotted and stuffed with gunk, they repealed at the stensh "hey I'll give you a special deal, if you buy four fish I'll throw in a clam for free" Shoe said as Sokka poked a clam, it sprayed gunk out and the three non blind children jumped away "we'll just take the fish" Sokka said picking up the fish, handing them to shoe who wrapped them up.

"mind telling your brother we need a ride back to shore?" Sokka asked, Shoe handed the fish to Katara and Cara before he vanished behind his counter and out pooed Dock "hey, colonials, my brother said you need a lift" he then hopped over the stall and went towards the boat.

Cara was about to follow but a small child tugged her arm "can you spare some food?" he asked, Cara smiled before bending down to his hight and unwrapping her bag and handing the boy a fish "I wish I could help more" she said as the boy smiled and ran back to his mother.

Katara watched the boy run back, she knew that she could help them "hey, Cara?" she said quietly and Cara gave Katara her attention as they walked slower then the other three so they could talk pravetly "we need to help this village" Katara said quietly to Cara who nodded "why don't we go to that factory and steal some good food, at least give them a good meal" Cara suggested and Katara nodded "well, what do you think of my idea?" Cara asked.

Katara blushed from embarrassed "yeah it's a good idea" she said and Cara laughed a little "you forgot didn't you?" she asked referring to her own blindness.

"a little" Katara said quietly still embarrassed about her small mistake "it's ok Kat, I saw the nod don't worry, water bender remember" Cara smiled as the gaang returned to their little camp.

"Toffee"

"yes water spout?" Toph asked as she layed on the ground relaxing "you never gave me a raincheck on our kiss in the fire nation" Cara smiled as Toph blushed "I guess I never did" the earth bender said as the two went to have some privacy.

Once they knew they were not going to the be seen by the others, Toph pulled Cara in to a passionate kiss, they moved in sync as Toph had her arms around Cara's neck and Cara had hers around Toph's waist.

"I love you, my blind earth bender" Cara said as they kept kissing "and I love you, my blind water bender" Toph said back and the two went on for a long time untill it was time for some food, they happily went back to their camp hand in hand, content with their make out session, before the two went into hearing distance Toph whispered into Cara's ear "if your that good at making out, I can't wait for more" she said in a lustful voice making Cara blush as they finally entered the camp "where did you two go?" Sokka asked not actually looking at them but rather a long peace of paper "oh you know, sightseeing" Toph said smiling as Cara hid her blush.

Tooh then gave Cara a quick kiss on the cheek as they began to separate rocks from water.