Chapter Nineteen

The group had docked at a port to restock and repair the ship, Katara, Sokka, Toph and Cara entered Aangs room "hey, air head, we're going into town to find some dinner" Cara said and they heard Aang's stomach rumble as he held it "well, I am pretty hungry, maybe dinners a good idea"

Sokka then got a head band out "tie this around your head, it'll cover your arrow" Aang then pushed Sokka away "I'm not going out there if I can't wear my arrow proudly"

"come on be practical" Sokka said but Katara held his shoulder "you guys go out there, we'll catch up to you" she said and the three left the room.

"what's eating him?" Sokka asked and Cara sighed "he feels like he's let everyone down" Cara explained simply, she knew how her friend was feeling because she was feeling the same, they exited the ship and went to the market.

The island market had everything they needed and once they got it, they headed back to the ship, Katara made Aang some food but when she went to give it to him, she found out he left and she told everyone, they saw Aang fly by and they followed him on Appa untill they came upon an island that had a volcano on it, Aang was faster then Appa so by the time they found him, he was layed on the beach.

"Aang, you little air bending bald Avatar, I'm so glad your safe" Cara said hugging him as did the rest of the group.

"I have so much to do" he said sadly but Katara placed her hand on his shoulder "we know, but you'll have our help" she said "and don't forgot Avatar number 2 here, I'll help a fellow vessel of Raava as much as I can" Cara smiled making the others laugh a little.

"what about the invasion?" he asked

"we'll join up with my dad and the invasion force on the day of the eclipse" Sokka explained but then Toph felt something hit her foot "what's-oh its your glider" she said sadly handing it to Aang, the old staff was destroyed but Aang knew it was a good thing "that's ok, if someome saw it, it would give away my identity, its better for now that no one knows I'm alive" Aang then jumped up the volcano and stuck his staff into the ground.

The group left on Appa and flew to a cave in the disguise of a cloud, thanks to Aang and Cara but they couldn't stop talking, being apart for so long they had a lot of catching up to do, even if it was mostly Cara talking, the group landed and Sokka began being sneaky and checked the area for people "great job with the cloud camo, but next time let's disguise ourselves as a kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut" Sokka said rendering to Aang and Cara who wouldn't keep quite the whole trip.

"what, I missed my Avatar in crime, you can't not expect us to keep quite" Cara said getting off Appa " yeah we wouldn't want a bird to hear them chatting up there and turn us in" Toph said sticking up for Cara, Sokka just didn't like their attitudes to being in enemy territory.

" hey we're in Enemy Territory, those are enemy Birds" he said as one jumped on his head and squawked causing the others to laugh "yeah, they seem so threating" Cara said sarcastically as they walked into the cave, Sokka decided to jump in front of them, literally, and he checked out the cave "well, this is it this is how we will be living until the Invasion begins, hiding in cave after cave after cave after cave" Sokka went on going further into a sad look untill Katara spoke.

"we don't have to become cave people what we need is some new clothes" she said and Aang agreed they went to a near by house and saw lots of clothes out on a washing line.

"this doesn't feel right" Cara said as the group eyed the clothes "I call the silk robe" Katara said jumping over the rock "hey, why do you get the silk" Cara said chasing after Katara, the group then got clothes and changed.

"ta da, normal kids" Aang said in a black suit with a red head cloth covering his arrow.

"hmmm, I should wear shoes but I won't be able to see as well" Toph said sitting in a rock "why not hold my arm, I can see just as well as I normaly can" Cara said with a smile but Toph just took the soul off the shoe, it went into Sokka's face leaving a red mark "finally, a stylish shoe for the blind earth bender" she said

Cara just laughed as they heard Katara come out from behind the rock "how do I look?" she asked and Aang blushed "uh, your mom's necklace" he said and she sighed and took it off, placing it in her dress pocket.

The children then went to market and bought some accessories, a new necklace for Katara, a sort of tiara for Toph, Sokka got a little hair pin while Cata and Aang got nothing "me and Cara use to visit our friend Kuzon here 100 years ago, so everyone just follow my lead and stay cool, or as they say in the fire nation, stay flamin" Cara just face palmed as Aang said the cringe worthy line, he then walked round the corner with the other in tow "hello my good hotman" he said and Cara covered her face as they walked towards a food vender "oh, we're going to a meat place?" Anag asked.

"come on Aang, everyone eats meat here, even the meat" Sokka said pointing to a hippopotamus bull who was eating three legs of turtle duck, Aang didn't like it "you guys go ahead, I'll just get some lettuce out of the garbage" he said and the rest of them entered the restaurant.

"I don't get why he doesn't eat meat, he must be completely insane" Sokka said as he bit into some meat.

"Aang doesn't eat meat because the air nomads believed every life was sacred" Cara explained as she ate some meat as well, after the the group had finished, they couldn't find Aang, they searched for him but decided to meet him back at the cave.

When Aang returned he was met with worried looks and some hits to the arm by Cara, he told them he went to a fire nation school and suggested he went again but Sokka wasn't up for it.

"Aang, i'm trying to be mature and not immediately shoot down your idea, but it sounds really terrible" he said.

"yeah we got the clothes why do you need to go to school?" Cara asked

"every minute I'm in that classroom, I'm learning new things about the fire nation, I already have a picture of Fire lord Ozai" he held up a picture "and here's one I made out of noodles" he said smiling "looks good" Cara said smirking earning a grumpy face from Aang while Sokka observed it "impressive, I admit, but I still think it's too dangerous" he said.

" I guess we'll never find out about the secret river, the one that goes right to the fire Lords Palace, we were supposed to learn about in class tomorrow" Aang said rubbing his head, Sokka placed his hands together "hmm, I am a fan of secret rivers" the boy then thought about it and came to the conclusion that Aang could go for a few more days.

"flamey-o, hotman!" Aang said happily before running off Katara and Sokka shared a look of confusion "flamey-o?" he said.

"it's this stupid thing Kuzon used to say, I didn't like the guy, he always got Aang in trouble" Cara said, as she got up and stretched "I think it's bedtime now, children" she said and the others went to bed.

Her and Toph went to a part of the cave that was well away from the others, just for some privacy, as Toph didn't want the others knowing how much of a softie she was in front of Cara.

The two layed down as Toph squished herself into Cara's chest, the water benders soft heartbeat making her eye lids heavy "you know, Toph that tiara makes you look beautiful" Cara said as she held Toph.

"how do you know, you're just as blind as me" Toph giggled lazily.

"water bending my dear, Beifong" Cara then lightly traced the outline of Toph's face "I see every line" she then moved her finger to Toph's lips "every detail" and finally Cara moved her hand to Toph's head, were the tiara sat perfectly "and every accessory, all of these things I see, and they make you so beautiful" Cara said making Toph blush, as she hid her face in Cara's chest "yeah, well your beautiful too" Toph mumbled into Cara's chest causing her to laugh a little "thanks Toffee" she soflty said as they fell to sleep peacefully holding each other.