chapter seven

Caras pov

We had stopped off at a small lake to just take some time and relax after our desert adventure, except Sokka he just looked at maps while me, Toph, Aang and Katara enjoyed ourselves.

I was floating in the water untill I heard "water bending bomb!" I then heard Katara scream yeah before a massive splash launched me in the air, I created a cushion of air to have a safe landing we all laughed, but Sokka was not pleased.

"Sure, 5000 year old maps from the spirit library" he said holding them up "just splash some water on em"

I rolled my eyes "come here" I said and began to remove the water from the soaked maps.

"So did you figure out what route we're gonna take?" Aang said as we gathered around the map.

"We just got out of the desert, so we must be around here, and we need to go to Ba Sing Se which is here, it looks like the only passage connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the serpents pass"

"Sokka, that seems a bit risky, its called serpents pass it means danger run away" I said to him and Toph carried on "you sure that's the best way to go?" I stood up and went next to Toph, because I didn't need to be near the map can't see it.

"Its the only way, I mean its not like we have Appa to fly us there" I hit his head "shut up" I said harshly

"Can't you at least try to be sensitive?" Katara went on we all looked at Aang who was sat in a ball "its ok, I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just want to focus on getting to Ba Sing Sa and telling the earth king about the solar eclipse"

I was surprised, he's actually calm about this "oh, well, ok, I'm glad you're doing better" katara said with a smile.

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go, no more distractions" Sokka said collecting up the stuff.

"Hello there, fellow refugees" I turned around and some people where waving at us, its impolite to not wave back so I did.

"So are you guys heading to Ba Sing Se too?" Aang asked

"Sure are we're trying to get there before my wife Ving has her baby" the man said stroking her belly.

"Great, we can travel through the serpents pass together" after Katara said this the people seemed scared at the thought of traveling through the pass "the serpents pass? Only the truly desperate take that deadly route" Ving said sounding scared

"Deadly route great pick, Sokka" Toph said hitting him nearly making him fall down I laughed a little.

"Well, we are desperate" Sokka said in defense

"Where not that desperate you fool, excuse me sir but is there any other way to the city?" I asked the man.

"There is, you should come with us to full moon bay, ferries take refugees across the lake, its the fastest way to Ba Sing Se" Ving carried on "and its hidden, so the fore nation can't find it"

I placed my finger on my chin "hmm, peaceful ferry ride or deadly pass?" I said teasingly "fine we'll go on the ferry Sokka said annoyed.

We got to the port and I was surprised by how many people lives have being ruined by the fire nation.

"I can't believe how many peoples lives have being uprooted by the fire nation"  katara said

"We're all looking for a better life, safe behind the walls of Ba Sing Se" the man said.

We were waiting in line "I told you already, no vegetables on the ferry, one cabbage slug could destroy the entire ecosystem of Ba Sing Se, Security!" She pointed to the mans cabbage cart as a platypus bear destroyed it making him yell my cabbages, he then was picked up and taken away.