˗ˋ 06

CHAPTER SIX

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH XAVIER'S ANNOYING

. . .

Celeste didn't have to spend long in the prefects cabin, and just spent a few minutes being instructed on what to do, what exact prefect duties she would have and who else were prefects. 

The newest prefect additions were the ones to lead new first years to their dorms, and Celeste had turned around to find who might be her least favourite Slytherin of them all, Xavier Rosier. She had decided to ignore him throughout the entirety of the prefect meeting, and planned on continuing to do so throughout the rest of the year. 

But Xavier happened to be rather persistent, despite Celeste's constant silence and lack of acknowledge towards him. 

She was rather good at pretending someone wasn't there, and so it wasn't the hardest thing for her, as she walked through the corridors of the Hogwarts Express. Every door she passed would result in her peering through the glass panes, looking for her two best friends.

As she reached the end of set of the compartment carriages, it became rather obvious that her friends had not managed to get them an empty one, and must be sitting in one of the open ones. 

"Well, here we are." Xavier announced, and Celeste swirled around, skirt following her. "My carriage, you coming in?"

"Why on earth would I do that?" Celeste couldn't even attempt to mask the distaste and confusion in her face, staring up at the dark haired Slytherin boy. 

"Isn't it obvious?" Xavier smirked, arm pressed against the golden frame of the compartment door, leaning over Celeste. "You're supposed.." He trailed off, eyes flickering upwards. 

"Supposed to what, sorry?" A familiar voice asked, and the confident smirk that had formed on Celeste's face faded. She knew exactly what she was going to do Xavier, but now someone had ruined it. 

"Nothing.." Xavier trailed off, gaze flickering back down to Celeste one last time before slipping into the compartment, door closing quickly behind him.

"You have to be kidding." Celeste whined as she turned to look up at Teddy. "I knew what I was going to say to him, I could've handle him on my own." 

"Are you sure?" Teddy had an almost jokey tone to his words and the girl glared at him. "Ok, maybe you could've. But I stepped in because I thought the slimy git was trying to do something, not because I thought you couldn't handle it."

"Whatever." Celeste sighed, folding her arms across her chest. "Thanks or something. Have you seen where Bridget and Evie are sitting?" 

"I think I saw them in the second carriage along that way." Teddy said, and the blue haired boy made a face as the eldest daughter of the Weasley clan pushed past him. "You're welcome!" He yelled after her, annoyed. 

"I said thanks already dimwit!" She yelled back, stepping into one of the open carriages, Teddy returning to his own compartment with her friends. 

Celeste stalked through the centre aisle of the first open carriage, heels clicking against the wooden floor. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" The practically ancient Trolley Witch was making her first rounds of the day, and Celeste sighed as she end up pushed up against one of the booth seats, before making it out. 

The second open carriage did contain her two friends, and Celeste made her way past snacking younger years, smiling as Bridget slid out of the booth, letting her sit in the middle. "New recruits?" She asked, looking across at the three girls in front of them. 

This is how it had been for a while - the year before had been Celeste's first year as the leader of the small group, having been chosen by the previous one, a girl named Claudia. And once, she had been like the young girls sat on the other side of the booth.

Anyone who knew Celeste personally would know she was absolutely nothing like how she portrayed herself in front of the school. In all honesty, until the year before, Celeste had been overshadowed in everything by her sister. It had toughened her up, and to everyone not so close to her, that was how she always was.

"Slytherin shoo-ins." Evie nodded, sliding over a few emerald green files. "But they're just half of them, in case some of them don't make it." 

"Just like I asked. Hm.. let me see." Celeste opened the first file, studying the name across the top. "Aurelia Rosier. Xavier's sister?" Glancing at the moving picture stuck to the first page, she matched it up with the girl on the left. "Better not be anything like him."

"He made prefect with you! Said that you would be happy to have me." The girl rushed to say, and Celeste felt bad for her. But she couldn't show it. 

"I don't think Xavier understands that name gets you nowhere. Of course, it has it perks, but you really think they would just let a Weasley rule? You have to earn it. Get into Slytherin and we'll see what we can do. " Celeste closed the file, but saw how the girl's face crumpled slightly. "Come on, let's have a little chat so I can find out what your brother really said." 

She slid out of the booth, making her way into the small space between the two carriages. "Aurelia, there is no guarantee that you have a position. Like I said, name alone gets you nowhere. There's no need to cry about it though, just run along and inform your brother that he's wrong, and if he tries anything like this again I'll have Teddy go after him." Celeste smiled, feeling a twinge of guilt as she watched Aurelia run off. 

But that's what had to be done, and so she returned to the carriage to see the other two girls. It was going to be a trying year, with Xavier harassing her, but hopefully she would get through it.

With or without Teddy's help.