˗ˋ 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH INVITATIONS 
ARE DELIVERED

. . .

"No - not there you idiot, that's practically the middel of the corridor!" Celeste hissed, words echoing down the long stone corridor, pushing the bag and rolled up poster into one of the shadowy corners behind a decorative pillar. 

"It's dark down here, Cel. I actually need to be able to collect them." Teddy replied in a similar tone, but didn't make any attempts to move them back into the glow of one of the lights that lit up the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

Although they finished the sign up posters and invitation with ease, their conversation in between it all had led to it getting rather late. And with a curfew put in place at nine thirty for older years, neither were particularly surprised to find the school empty and almost frighteningly quiet when they finally stepped out of the classroom. 

It seemed, without them even realising it, several hours had passed and now, given that it was closer to midnight than before - they had taken a walk around the castle before sneaking through the Entrance Hall and down the staircase to get to the Slytherin dorms.. 

"Now." Celeste took Teddy's wrist, pulling him further into the light with a familar slip of green and silver material. "Stay still Edward." She instructed, lifting up his collar and tying the tie with her usual expertise. 

"How do you want me to change my appearance? I'm going darker with my hair and maybe.. darker eyes?" Teddy suggested, doing exactly that as she looped the material around and tugging on it to tighten.

"Geez-" She breathed out when she looked up, only to find an essentially different person looking right back at her. "I thought you were asking for my opinion.. you've got to stop scaring at me like that."

"It's funny." Teddy shrugged, a smirk on his lips. "You have the same reaction every time and it never gets old." He gently slapped her shoulder when she began to slowly tighten the tie even further. "I forget you're a Slytherin sometimes."

"Anyone can threaten violence, Ted." The Wealsey girl shook her head, instead using the tie to drag him towards the wall. "Although.. and I don't care if you're looking for my opinion, you might want to change your nose, just a little tiny bit... or your jaw.. and keep it that way."

"You're a stone cold bitch."

"I'm joking, okay?" Celeste let out a sight, shaking her head. "You said about forgetting about me being a Slytherin, so I thought I would remind you with a long standing stereotype." 

"Alright, I get it. Don't judge all Slytherins by their house, got it." Teddy leant against the wall at the end of the corridor. "So how do we get in then? I don't see a door.. or anything really."

"Use your head, Lupin." Celeste paused, looking thoughtful. "Not that there's anything in there.. so I guess I'll tell you."

"Gee, thanks. I feel so loved."  Teddy commented, getting a gentle smack on the shoulder. "But go on, tell me."

"This is the entrance." The girl gestured to the wall. "You just say the password and a passageway appears. And don't get any ideas after I tell you it, it's only easy for the first couple of weeks so that the first years don't forget it." 

"I can't wait to here this." The Lupin boy smirked. "And no promises on the ideas part. I am most definitely going to use this to my full advantage. 

Celeste just stared at him. before muttering something to herself that he didn't quite catch, stepping away and standing in front of the wall. "Salazar." She mumbled, Teddy fully being able to hear it but not saying anything - she was getting tired, and therefore a little more annoyed. 

He followed her into the Common Room, eyes wide as saucers as he took in the interior of the place. It was very green, he deemed. "So this is where you relax?" He eyed the sofas with a clear distaste - it all seemed rather stiff, such elegance a contrast to the comfort that the Hufflepuff  Common Room held. 

"It's more comfortable than it looks.. but most of the time if I'm not out in the castle I'm in my dorm room." Celeste shuffled around on her feet almost awkwardly, as if uneasy about showing Teddy it. Seconds later and she was digging thhe pile of invitations out of her pocket, handing some to him. "If you just follow the years on the plaques by those stairs.. and then you'll find all of the doors have nameplates on."

"Alright, meet back up here in ten minutes? It won't take too long right?" Teddy grinned as they moved towards the different floors that housed the girls dorms. They split up, heading towards different rooms in which lived various girls. 

Teddy returned to find Celeste asleep on the stiff couches, and the next morning, several very happy girls woke up to envelopes slid under their doors.