PROLOGUE

Teddy Lupin was always the oldest child of the Weasley clan - although he wasn't technically a part of it

Teddy Lupin was always the oldest child of the Weasley clan - although he wasn't technically a part of it. But in the eyes of anyone who knew him, Teddy was most likely the link between most the families - the thing that caused them to get together so often.

Because everyone loved Teddy. Every time a new member was added into the family, Teddy was there - playing with it as best he could, and instantly loving the small child.

It had always been like that. Barely a toddler, Teddy had stood by the two cribs in the Delacour-Weasley household, smiling down at the twins that laid in it. Ever since then, Teddy had visited the house as much as he could, and it slowly expanded to the various other households, as he gained more cousins.

Then Harry and Ginny had James, and Teddy didn't have to travel so far. But with Victoire and Celeste at an age where they really wanted to make friends and play on the beach, Teddy went to their's just as much, or they came to visit him.

At some point, it narrowed down to just Teddy and Celeste running around on the beach, Victoire prefering to stay inside and play with the magical dollhouse their Uncle George had built them for their sixth birthday.

The years went past, and Teddy went off to Hogwarts, and the Weasley family just kept growing. Celeste half-took over Teddy's position, making sure to visit any additions to the family.

Arriving at Hogwarts, Celeste hoped to be sorted into Hufflepuff, and be with Teddy. But she was sorted into Slytherin and Victoire was sorted into Ravenclaw.

From them on, Teddy, Celeste and sometimes Victoire would have as much fun as they could, despite all being in different houses. They got into the habit of sending each other Howlers to tell them the most miniscule thing, like what they had for breakfast or their predictions for the next Quidditch game.

Teddy would morph into Celeste's friends, and pretend to be them for what could be hours until she realised. Celeste found out that muggle hair dye would affect Teddy's hair even if he changed it - so if she put pink dye in his shampoo and he tried to morph it to it's usual blue, it would end up as a shade of purple.

They would hide each other's uniforms, swap their black ink for colour-changing or invisible. School books would end up stuck to ceilings and their ties in random colours.

Celeste would wake up with her whole dorm pink, and in return, Teddy would find every item of his clothing dyed the exact same colour.

Teddy would even pretend to be her - but more often than not, it would end up with him doing good deeds instead. He would go to her detentions, to things that she had told him about which she found difficult - breaking up with boyfriends, confronting a friend.

And thats how they began to be known - the two best friends in what was seen as the opposite houses. Constantly pranking each other, sometimes to a point that it was happening daily.

Of course this calmed down over the years, as their friendship dynamic changed. Celeste fell in love with potions and wandlore, aspiring to become a healer or maybe even someone like Ollivander, who had noticed this years before.

Teddy became more invested in Quidditch and his small business - where he would do exactly what he did for Celeste but for other people, becoming them and helping them out.

Coming from the Weasleys', Celeste was just as good at Quidditch as maybe Ginny was at her age - the woman having taught her and Teddy how to play.

And with their shared talent in Quidditch, Teddy and Celeste's friendship could grow competitive at times.

And that was exactly what happened as Teddy Lupin went into his sixth year, and Celeste her fifth. Both were selected as the Quidditch Captains for their houses, and after years of playing against each other, the competitivness only grew.

With the competitivness, a sort of tension, that would grow and grow until it came to it's peak, where the tension became too much to bear, and they fell out.

Hogwarts thought something serious had happened, teachers were worried and parents contacted. But still, the two best friends remained the opposite of that, almost hell-bent on beating each other.

But whilst they were at each others' throats, people who knew them thought they had gone insane - why had they changed all of a sudden, why didn't they end up getting together like they all thought they would.

But they could only hope that the rivalry would end.