˗ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE

. . .

They got to King's Cross by a few of the Ministry's cars - Hermione and Harry were rather high ranking in the Department of Magical Law and were able to get them sorted pretty easily. 

It was a bit of a tight fit to get all their trunks and bags into the boots and strapped on top of the cars, but when they managed it, the children piled into the backseats, Bill getting into the front.

Celeste found herself squished in between Teddy and her twin, and because she was rather small, Lily managed fit in there as well. Celeste knew, as soon as the Potter girl appeared there, that the ride would consist of Teddy changing his appearance at the will of Lily. 

She was right, and Lily's slightly infectious giggle was the only sound that could be heard over the radio in the front of the car and the general hustle and bustle of muggle London around them. 

"You didn't come back to our room until late last night." Victoire commented, voice loud enough for Celeste to hear but low enought for neither Teddy, Lily, the driver or their dad sat in the front seat.

"I hear what you're insinuating, and I'm choosing to ignore it." Celeste said - she was far too used to Victoire making comments about her and Teddy's friendship. Her twin was one of them many who seemed rather obsessed with the idea of Celeste and Teddy ending up together. 

And to Celeste, it sounded ghastly. She liked how her and Teddy were now; joking around all the time, pranking each other, harmful bickering that almost never turned into full-blown arguements. The ability to talk to each other about anything and tell the truth to each other, something that Celeste didn't even do with Victoire most of the time. 

"So you're admitting to it?" Victoire asked, a grin on her lips and that flicker of laughter already appearing in her eyes, "Hey!" The blonde said, as Celeste extracted her arm and flickered her on the forehead. 

"Girls." Bill warned them, in that tone of voice that made them instantly shut up, falling quiet as he continued to speak. "You can argue however much you want at Hogwarts, but until then, please be civil with each other."

"Fine." The two girls replied, in complete sync and with the exact same tone. Celeste rolled her eyes, and at the same time, they turned away from each other, the ginger turning to Teddy and Lily.

From then, there was a clear silence from both of the girls. But Teddy and Lily made up for it, and Bill seemed to have quite a nice conversation with the driver.

Finally, they arrived at King's Cross, and the family gathered on the platform, the drivers rushing off to try and get enough trolleys to hold all of their luggage.

"I can't believe that you - out of you and Victoire - got the prefect badge." Teddy commented, flicking the badge sitting on Celeste's chest. She scowled, using the window of the car to adjust her sweater, twisting the badge until it sat straight. 

"Bridget and Evie are waiting for me." She said, straighting up and pulling down the bottom of her skirt. "Where are these ministry men gone?"