˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH CELESTE,
EVIE AND BRIDGET PREPARE

. . .

Celeste was barely at breakfast for five minutes after that, grinning at Teddy for just a moment as she tucked into her croissants and fruit salad, a cup of coffee poured and drunk within the time, the girls tottering away from the Great Hall as quickly as they could. 

The invitations had not only been personalised with each of the girls' details that Celeste had found out over her busy summer - in between all the Quidditch practises she had done a lot of research, found many family trees and found out a lot - there was a particular classroom for the girls to go to. 

It was on the second floor, Classroom 2D. Chosen because the first floor was too public and open, and because it was directly in between the staircase down to the library corridor and the Turris Magnus tower. It was even easier to find, seeing as it was right besides the tetraptych of Helena Ravenclaw.

It was easy to find, not too public and actually kept in pretty good condition considering that it wasn't generally used these days, only used as a backup classroom if another was unable to be used, but also for other meetings if necessary. 

Otherwise, it was locked. But in each envelope that Celeste had placed a key, which each of member of the Slytherin hierarchy had been given.  

Which meant it was very much empty now that Celeste, Evie and Bridget had hurried away from the Great Hall before they had to head towards their first lesson of the day, which was Transfiguration in Classroom 1B.

"Okay, I've got everything." Evie held out her bag, which seemed to have had an extendable charm applied to it, and both her and Bridget began to pull out fabric, tea sets, plates, and everything that they might ever wanty. Including a chandelier, which Celeste put up whilst precariously balancing on the table.

"How are you going to make sure that it isn't chosen as a classroom." Bridget asked, as her and Evie pulled the fabric over the large table they had created from several of the desks.

"What I do best." Celeste shrugged, turning to see her closest friends looking confused. "Team up with Teddy and break into the teacher offices so that I can erase it from the scheduling for the next year. It'll be easy."

"That would mean all offices, you know?" Evie added, as they set up the tea cups and plates, as well as several caake stands and flower arrangements, which had been kept in plastic boxes in her bag. 

Celeste had no idea where she had gotten them from, but she wasn't going to question it. "Yes, it would. But as you know, me and Teddy are a team these days. We might be rivals but we work together. He did help me with the Quidditch poster and the invitations last night." She added with a smile. "We're best friends."

"Right. And you're doing this at night." Bridget asked, watching as Celeste nodded, humming to herself as she adjusted the position of one of the peonies in the arrangements. "Celeste. You're doing all this for some first years, you're studying for your OWLs, you have more homework than any of us, you're Quidditch captain in your fifth year and now you're thinking you have time to miss sleep?" 

"Your point?" Celeste raised an eyebrow, looking up at the Shacklebolt girl as she gripped one of the pastry fork she was about to place down on the setting. 

"You're going to burn out within five minutes." Evie replied, Bridget looking nervous. That tone and expression was usually reserved for speaking to everyone other than those two girls. "You've got so much to do."

"Then I'll pay Eddie Perkins in Ravenclaw to do all my homework again." Celeste shrugged. "Them I'll make plans for the group, plan a party, run Quidditch practises two nights a week following the successful tryouts that I planned with Uncle Charlie and Viktor Krum as well as Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny, then I'll spend my evenings making sure that I study for my owls and ensure our meeting room isn't taken by some professor to teach their mediocre lesson. Happy?"

"Well-" Bridget glanced to Evie, who was rapidly shaking her head at response to the dark haired girl beginning to speak once again. "Nope.. nevermind." They didn't want to cause unnecessary friction or pressure amongst the group, that could hinder Celeste's year even more, and even if she was being a bit of a bitch - well they had always known there was a reason for her being picked the previous year by Kaila. 

"Good." Celeste assumed an entirely false smile on her face as she placed down the fork. "Now - Zolly!" She clapped her hands twice in quick succession, and both of her friends looked confused until a house-elf appeared in front of them. "Good morning."

"Good morning Miss Weasley!" The house-elf chirped, turning towards the other girls and bowing her head. "Miss Montgomery, Miss Shacklebolt."

"Er - good morning." The two friends managed to get out their reply, Evie waving meekly at the creature. Neither had noticed at first, but her rag dress was a pale shade of pink.

"What can Zolly do for you, Miss Weasley?" The house-elf asked.

"Well, Zolly, by first break I would like to have several pots of tea brewed in these teapots, the small bowls of suger filled and the milk prepared in a small jug. I would also like an assortment of scones, biscuits, cakes and miniature finger-sandwiches with the crusts cut off on each of these stands." Celeste said. "You may enlist other house-elves to help you, will this be possible? You may eat as much as the food that you want."

"Of course, Miss Weasley. Please give Miss Adkins Zolly's regards." Zolly nodded and disappeared promptly. 

Celeste smiled, reaching for her bag and running her thumb underneath the chain of her necklace as she looked over the preparations before turning to the other girls. "Well, McGonagall wouldn't be too pleased if we were late, would she?"