˗ˋ 08

CHAPTER EIGHT

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S ABOUT TO START

. . .

"Hey Weasley." Celeste didn't even have time to look to see who had called her name before being pulled behind a statue in the Entrance Hall. 

Upon looking up, she was greeted by the usual turquoise mess of hair that only Teddy Lupin could pull off. He was now in his Hufflepuff robes, a badge similar to the one that Celeste also had sitting on his robes.

"So official." He smirked, flicking the prefect badge. "And, pray tell, was that all about earlier. Really bruised my ego there, Cel. Just trying to help you out.""

"Lovely, the train journey was lovely thanks Teddy. How was it for you?" Celeste began, watching as Teddy shrugged before speaking again, sounding annoyed. "Oh, not bad? I see, time to pull an unsuspecting girl behind a stupid statue."

Teddy only smirked, focusing rather intently on the girl, before he seemed to physically get shorter, eyes turning green and hair becoming red and growing. "Oh no way Lupin, you better stop that right now."  Celeste spluttered, Teddy clearing his throat and imitating her, before squeezing his eyes shut and returning to his usual self.

"You're not really upset with me, are you?" He asked, hand reaching back and scratching the back of his neck, before messing up his hair, looking down at her.

"Of course not, Ted. I have a reputation to keep up - and not just that, if Xavier thought he could try and get away with doing stuff like that.. well I dread what could happen to me." Celeste shrugged. 

"You're right, I'll refrain next time. Come on little Slytherin, let's get you into the hall. A queen shouldn't miss her first feast of the year." Teddy said, standing up and pulling Celeste out from behind the statue and rejoining the end of the crowd entering the hall. "And just so you know, I'll put up with the attitude, but if it gets too much-"

"Just let me know." Celeste said, a rather sad smiling appearing on her lips. "I'm sorry Ted, but with Quidditch and this Kiera girl, I have to keep up the appearance even more than usual." 

"Kiera?" Teddy asked, as they stopped just outside of the large opene doors into the Great Hall. It was steadily filling up, various gaps on the benches that others were saving for their friends, and of course, the large spaces near the raised platform where the first years would sit.

"Sister of Kaila? The last 'Queen' of this whole group. Her sister Kiera is, or at least I'm expecting her to be rather mad at me about it. We all thought Kiera would automatically get it, but Kaila gave me the headband. I imagine the Adkin household may have been rather tense. Unless Kaila was taken by the American Ministry." Celeste looked thoughtful, eyes widening as she felt the headband pull away from her head. 

"Teddy give it back!" She reached for it, the much taller Lupin boy easily holding it high enough to keep it out of her reach.

"This is what this Kiera girl is mad about? It's nothing special, geez." Teddy twisted it in his fingers, examining it. It was truly a headband, more of a tiara style - rather than fabric, it was adorned in three rows, a centre one of pearls, and two smaller ones on either side of crystals.

"Nothing special? Lupin this is an heirloom, it's been in it since it started way back in your dad's time. Audrey Burke gave it from her family collection." Celeste snatched it back, placing it on her hair once more. 

Teddy reached out once more, and she flinched. "Hold on, Slytherin, I'm just adjusting it. Wouldn't want the queen to have a wonky headband." Teddy carefully moved it, before leaning back and nodding. "Perfect. Now I think Bridget and Evie are waiting." 

"Thanks Teddy." Celeste beamed, and the Lupin boy nodded again, watching as Celeste moved over to the Slytherin table, sliding perfectly into the space that her two friends had left. Just up the table from her, was a strawberry-blonde girl who looked rather bitterly. 

Now Teddy knew that Celeste could hold her own, and probably pack a mean punch when it came to it - he had been on the recieving end on many as they grew up. However he would keep an eye on this Kiera girl, he was pretty sure she was in a couple of classes with him anyway. 

And when he glanced back towards Celeste, they caught each others eye. She winked back at him, Teddy nodding only slightly in return.

She mightt be the new Slytherin queen on the outside, but to Teddy all he could see was the little girl who he had grown up with, and had spent the summer with. The contrast was incredible, but it was clearly there.

But Teddy knew who she truly was, which was all that mattered.