˗ˋ 02

CHAPTER TWO

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY GO SHOPPING

. . .

"So you're telling me you went all the way to Romania to get Quidditch training?" Teddy still was in shock from what Celeste had told him upon seeing him again after a while. 

"Yep."

"And the Viktor Krum came over from Bulgaria and you pestered him into giving you Quidditch training?" Teddy continued.

"Yep. Wait what-"

"Celeste Weasley you are desperate to win this bloody Quidditch Cup aren't you?" Teddy raised an eyebrow, and Celeste rolled her eyes.

The two best friends were in Flourish and Blotts, stood on the top floor. Celeste was stood on her tiptoes reaching from a book from an upper shelf, Teddy leant against the railing and watching her, smirking. 

"Yes. I want to win the Quidditch Cup. I want to prove that Professor Slughorn chose the right person and that a fifth year girl - who is also balancing being a prefect and her OWLs, may I add - can be just as successful as a blue haired Hufflepuff prick." Celeste tugged a book off. 

"That's not a school book." Teddy pulled it out of Celeste's hand, the Weasley girl frowning as she moved over to her already several-books-tall pile, picking it up and beginning to head downstairs, to where Victoire was waiting for them, haggling with the shop owner trying to get a deal on the twins' Care of Magical Creatures books. 

"Some people like to read for fun. Besides, I only have so many muggle books to last me until Christmas - and my copy of this was ruined by that damp patch in the common room." Celeste grumbled.

"That's what you get for being a little slimy snake." Teddy teased, gruntting as the girl dumped her pile of  books on him, needing to count out her money from the small velvet pouch she pulled out of her bag. 

Teddy had always teased Celeste about her Hogwart's house, and at first it bothered her. But now she didn't mind so much, and had the ability to throw similar insults back at him as she insulted him as a Hufflepuff. Truly it meant nothing, but it was just what had always happened between the two since they began attending Hogwarts.

"And that's what you get for being a prick." Celeste said, taking back the pile of books with ease, her counted out money balancing on the top one. "And for the record, I didn't bother Krum, he was there when I got my letter and he offered."

"Did your mum ask him for you?" Teddy rose an eyebrow. He knew his best friend, and although she could keep her cool around most people, there were certain people that Celeste just couldn't. And from what he heard, Krum was one of them.

"Yes." Celeste caved, and Teddy nodded knowingly. "He did bring it up first though, but to my mum. Who asked me and I agreed."

Teddy only smirked as Celeste paid for her books, looking around for her blonde twin as he waited. It seemed that she had left; she was nowhere around the store and the poor worker wasn't been hassled for a discount.

"Victoire's gone." Teddy said. "Just me and you now Weasley. Which means I only get to bully you more."

"And they put me in Slytherin." Celeste rolled her eyes, her bag of books swinging by her legs. "Have you got all your robes?" She asked as they passed Madame Malkin's.

The various members of the Weasley clan were all over Diagon Alley, and even when they looked inside of the robe shop, James and Albus were in there. Just down the road from them Roxanne and Lily played by Fortescue's Ice Cream parlour, the old woman who had taken it over to carry on Florean's legacy watching them, appearing in the streets beside them, handing them a cup of ice cream each.

"Ginny got me them a week ago - I had to be remeasured all over again so she thought I should get them done then, rather than spending all my time with Madame Malkin, the old bag." Teddy ducked as Celeste attempted to flick him on the head.

"Well I need to get more potion ingredients. I need another set of quills and so do you. I think maybe I might need a new cauldron, Evie burnt through the bottom last year. Quidditch supplies we'll go to.. maybe I'll go to the second hand bookshop just by Knockturn Alley." Celeste glanced down at a slip of paper in her hand, and Teddy pulled it out of her grasp.

"This.." His eyes scanned the piece of paper, recognising the handwriting. "Ginny gave you a list of what I need? She doesn't trust me!" Teddy sound indignant. 

"It's just so you don't miss anything. Honestly Ted, you would've figured it out by now. She does it every year." Celeste shook her head, reaching over and snatching the paper back. 

"I can't believe this!" Teddy practically shouted, Celeste rolling her eyes and taking off slightly quicker than him, pretending she didn't know him. "Oh you little bi-"

Celeste hurried back and clapped her hand over Teddy's mouth before anything actually came out - there was a mother and her two young children nearby who certainly wouldn't be impressed.

And with Teddy finally quiet, Celeste could continue her shopping in peace.

For now at least.

✧