˗ˋ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ARRIVE AT SCHOOL

. . .

The rest of the train ride was filled with Celeste, Evie and Bridget interviewing the candidates to join their little group. Eventually, after hours of pouring over each file that Celeste had handed to her, the train pulled into Hogsmeade station.

The platform filled with smoke and students rushing to get to the carriages. The Weasley girl and her group were no different, however to rush somewhere was despicable - if any of the girls they had interviewed had any sense at all, at least one of them would wait with a carriage.

Having gathered up their stuff, the three girls stepped down on the platform, a crowd of first years moving as they walked straight through the centre of them. Some point after lunch the three of them had gotten changed, and were now all in their Slytherin robes, heels clicking against the stone floor of the platform.

Evie and Bridget had a mass of folders tucked under their arms, whilst Celeste was holding her own bag and one particular file, stepping past Teddy and his friends without even looking their way.

The three girls made their way past the crowds who had surged out of the station to get to a carriage, Bridget stopping a group of third years as Celeste made a beeline for one of the carriages, reaching it and opening the door, climbing in with Bridget and Evie following.

Evie slammed the door and drew the curtains for both windows, Bridget lighting the lamp above them, and the three girls let out deep sighs, slumping in their seats. "Finally, a fucking break." Bridget breathed, as the carriage set off slowly.

"Merlin it's awful doing that every year. We made two of them cry! We're awful people." Evie shook her head, looking over at Celeste, whow as quiet. "You ok, Cel?"

"My feet hurt so much." The Weasley girl whined as sat up, looking at her two best friends. "And I feel bad about those two girls. I didn't see Cora or Darcie on the train - they're haven't resigned have they?"

"Cora got a boyfriend this summer. I updated her file already, but I think they were with him." Bridget said, digging out a file and handing it over to Celeste. "Archie Tylers. Halfblood fifth year just like her. Ravenclaw."

"Thank god she picked a smart one - she might have gotten good grades in her end of years, but Merlin she has no common sense." Celeste said, looking down at the file, a photo of the young couple togeter. "And he has good lucks. How did they meet?" She asked, as she reached for her bag, digging in her bag and pulling out a small makeup bag, using the dark window as a mirror.

"I spoke to the other fourth year one.. Molly about it when I saw her in the bathroom. Obviously they saw each other at school and then he moved to her town or something." Evie said, doing the same as Celeste and touching up her makeup.

"It's exhausting being us." Bridget watched with a slight smirk, joking only slightly. "I don't think anyone else is currently doing this in their carriage." Evie shook her head, saying something as Celeste focused on applying mascara, before looking back to her best friends.

"You wouldn't happen to have a file on Alice Longbottom, would you?" She asked, putting her makeup away after one last swipe of lip gloss, putting her makeup bag away and putting the file she was carrying in with her bag. Before they would go to the hall they would have to hide their stuff behind a suit of armour, and they would just put it with everyone else's stuff - but this part of the journey was essential.

"Why would we? I can put one together if you like. Might take me a little while though." Evie said. "She's the little sister of Frank right?"

"And daughter of our Herbology teacher - Cel, what are you planning?" Bridget asked, turning to her best friend. "There's no way she could be put into Slytherin, she's definitely going to Hufflepuff or Gryffindor like her parents."

"I know, I know. Auntie Ginny asked me to watch out for her though. I suppose she'll have Uncle Harry checking on her when he comes to do his classes as well.. Not to worry, I'll just as Professor Longbottom myself." Celeste shrugged, not entirely making sense, as if she had something on her mind.

"Don't you have enough on your plate this year already?" Evie looked concerned. "You're prefect, Quidditch captain, dealing with all your 'Queen' stuff and have to take your OWLs as well. Surely Ginny knows this, and you have Dominique and James to watch over as well as this Alice girl."

"I have Victoire and Teddy to watch over those too. I almost pity James, Teddy'll have him doing all sorts of things before the week is over." Celeste shrugged, their carriage turning a corner as she pulled the curtain for one of the windows open, and Hogwarts was in sight.

"Anything happen between you two yet? I can't even imagine how much time you guys spent together this summer." Forever the romantic, Bridget sighed as she looked out into the moonlight, mind already creating scenarios.

"Hate to break your bubble B, but I spent most of my summer preparing for this year. So shopping with Victoire, seeing you two a couple of days, and then I went over to Romania for ages for Quidditch. Not to mention all the time I spent with Ginny at the Holyhead Harpies training ground. Then I come home one day and Viktor Krum and his son is sat in my living room, my Hogwarts letter has arrived and I'm suddenly prefect, Quidditch captain and getting trained in Quidditch by Viktor Krum of all people." Celeste rambled, the two girls at opposite her raising their eyebrows. "After Kaila crowned me with this bloody headband last June, I've barely had time to think."

"I wonder how Kiera is." Evie mused, as Celeste adjusted the headband over her curls. "It's got to sting - having your sister give the crown not only to someone who isn't you, but the fourth year who comes from 'blood traitors'." Whilst most of Slytherins' didn't have an open problem with there being a Weasley in their midst, Kiera had shown her true colours after her older sister Kaila had passed on the reign to Celeste.

"As Kaila said, I earned it." Celeste said, as their carriage came to a stop. "Keira just has to deal with it. Ready girls?" She asked, the three of them assuming their cold manor once more as they left the carriage and walked into school.

Ready for the first year of what one could call a foreign queen.

a/n
i will admit i'm putting a lot of
my gossip girl love and knowledge
into this because it's off netflix and i
miss it but like i would've updated this
hours ago but ive updated my next gen
google doc with some more characters
who are yet to be introduced + messed around
on artbreeder and given them faceclaims
if anyone wants to see, just let me know
and i'll post the link on my mb!! <33