~Merry(?) Christmas~

Hajime POV

Mistletoe. Cheesy, annoying, dumb, but harmless.

Usually.

But evidently, Monomi had gotten tired of us ignoring her efforts to get us into the 'holiday spirit'.
Somehow, which I assumed to be the work of this so called 'Future Foundation', she'd obtained some kind of mistletoe; at least it looked like mistletoe, that trapped whoever walked under it, until they were kissed.

On the mouth.

Teruteru was overjoyed at this turn of events, and Kazuichi just kept trying to catch Sonia under it, or have her save him. He'd been extremely unsuccessful.

When Ibuki got trapped, she always had to wait for Sonia or Akane, as they were the only ones willing to risk being bitten. Akane said it was an adrenaline rush, and Sonia said it was a tradition in her country.

When Hiyoko got trapped, she'd scream for Mahiru, and refused to let anyone else touch her, no matter how long she was stuck.

Mikan always waited for Ibuki. Quietly, she'd wait for Ibuki to find her.
No one was sure why, but Ibuki never tried to bite her.

Fuyuhiko would call for Peko and vice-versa. They were sweet together.

Nekomaru kissed anyone that was within reach. (With consent of course, he's a gentleman.)

Byakuya usually had to wait for Teruteru. No one else would kiss him. Teruteru just... Kissed everyone.

Gundham had tried to get out of it by kissing one of his deva's, but it hadn't counted, and it seemed him and Kazuichi had taken a liking to each other after they'd 'coincidentally' saved each other quite a few times.

I'd only gotten stuck twice, but both times Chiaki had come to my rescue. Sonia or Akane usually came to hers, as we both found each other repulsive. Romantically, I mean.

Nagito never got stuck. That lucky little fucker. Somehow his 'ultimate luck', managed to avoid every single sprig of that cursed plant on this entire island. Dick.

Although to be fair, if he got stuck, no one would get him out.

Which turned out to be painstakingly true.

It was supposedly Christmas eve when his luck failed. We didn't truly know the date, as seasons didn't affect the island, and we weren't even entirely sure when we'd arrived, so we took Monomi's word for it. Monokuma had left the holidays to Monomi, and hadn't bothered us in a while.

Besides the mistletoe, I suppose I grew slightly more appreciative of the annoying rabbit. She had good intentions. But you know, they say the road to hell is paved with those.

Returning to my current predicament. On my way to my cabin to turn in for the night, a few minutes after everyone else (I thought) had already gone to bed, I bumped into him.

I suddenly had a feeling my ultimate may have been "unlucky student", as the one time Nagito Komaeda was stuck under the mistletoe, I ended up stuck too.

With no one to rescue me.

Except Nagito, but I'll be damned if I ever let him kiss me.

He sat down, feet remaining stuck to his original position. He didn't look at me, he didn't say anything, he didn't even acknowledge I was there.

I sat down as well, painstakingly aware of the fact that my feet absolutely could not move. He still remained silent, so I didn't say anything either. I put my hands on the floor behind me, and straightened my arms, tilting my head back to look at the ceiling.