~You Broke Me First~

Angst in this one, but no sad endings, I can't bring myself to do that.

Nagito POV

I watched as Hajime, the boy I loved, interlaced his fingers with Chiaki Nanami's, smiling lovingly down at her. They walked away from me, not a glance given, which was probably a good thing, due to the tears falling down my cheeks.

"Komaeda? You good?" Kazuichi walked up from behind me, and put his hand on my shoulder. I just chuckled and shook my head, gesturing at the couple in front of us. Kazuichi winced.
"Shit, Nagito, I'm so sorry." He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a sort of half hug, him being one of the only ones to know about my gigantic crush on Hajime Hinata.

"As long as he's happy with her." I choked out, through breathless, quiet sobs. Kazuichi pulled me into a full hug when he heard the extent of my emotional state, and I wrapped my arms around him and let myself cry. For once, I let myself feel. He rubbed my back and rested his chin on my head.

"You'll find someone, Nagito. Hell, I thought Sonia was the one until I finally accepted that I'm a raging homosexual, and got with Gundham! This isn't the end for you." Kazuichi squeezed me once more before pulling away, leaving his hands on my shoulders.
"How about Teruteru huh? He seems like he'd be up for anything." His eyebrows wiggled jokingly.

"I think... I think I'd rather make out with Monokuma." I laughed softly, and Kazuichi pulled his hands away from me.

"You take that back. That is disgusting." He fake gagged and shook his head. I laughed.

"Does he even have lips?"

"Drop it dude, I'm gonna be sick." Kazuichi bent over with his hand on his stomach, feigning nausea, gagging dramatically. I just giggled and pushed his shoulder. He fell, but grabbed my hand so I fell with him. We laid in the sand, laughing, and I felt like I finally really had, what people always called a best friend.

Hajime POV

I rolled my eyes and looked at Chiaki.

"Whatever if they're dating, but must they be so... cheesy." Chiaki hit my shoulder gently.

"Just because you're in love with Nagito doesn't mean you get to shit on their relationship." My eyes widened.

"I-I am NOT in love with him." I sputtered, and she pulled her hand away from mine and placed it in front of her, before scrunching her face and dramatically monologuing to her palm.

"Oh Nagito, you're so perfect and funny and smart but I'll never say it to your face because I'm a wimp, who doesn't know how to talk about his feelings to anyone except the designated lesbians on this god forsaken island because they're lesbians and they can't make fun of me for liking a boy because they're gay." Chiaki finished her performance and looked at me, annoyed.
"That, dear Hajime, is what you sound like, all the time." I flicked her forehead.

"I do not." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Dude even ask Sonia. She's the sweetest person on the planet and even she's annoyed with your endless gushing. 'Nagito this, Nagito that' it's getting old." Chiaki yawned and put her hood up.

"She's just gonna agree with you cuz you're her girlfriend. That is unfair to me, and to the gambling rules of the world." She chuckled.

"No one is gambling Hajime, just calling you out on your bullshit." My face flushed and I kicked at the sand as we walked.

"I have no bullshit." I grumbled, shoving my hands in my pockets. She laughed at this, shaking her head.

"Dumbass." She mumbled, smiling at the ground. I sighed and looked behind us, seeing Nagito and Kazuichi lying next to each other on the sand, laughing. My face twisted into a grimace and I picked up my pace, so I didn't have to see that for any longer.