~Change My Mind~

⚠️SPOILERS FOR AFTER TRIAL 4⚠️

⚠️DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVE NOT REACHED THE FIFTH VICTIM⚠️

⚠️I AM WARNING YOU⚠️

⚠️THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING⚠️

⚠️THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL FINAL WARNING⚠️

⚠️PROCEED WITH CAUTION⚠️

⚠️I CANNOT BE BLAMED FOR SPOILERS⚠️

⚠️OKAY NOW IM ACTUALLY DONE⚠️

Nagito's POV

It was going exactly as planned. The poison was set, my body was beaten enough that it'd look like a murder, and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

I heard Akane's voice from outside the door, knowing she was about to burst in, triggering my demise, I smiled beneath the tape over my mouth. I looked over at the lighter I'd so carefully placed, right next to the curtain, where I'd known it would catch aflame. Much to my dismay, the lighter had run out of oil. It was dimming, and before the panels tipped, it had completely extinguished.

I couldn't do anything about it in my immobilized state, and contemplated just dropping the spear myself, poison unneeded. It seemed a plausible option until I heard a familiar voice from the entrance of the warehouse.

"I've been here before, you guys stay back, I'll go on ahead."

They were here to see me. Even though he knew I would be in here, though this probably wasn't the situation he expected, he still proceeded alone. No one protested. They didn't want to see me. So why did he decide to come?

"N-NAGITO?!" Hajime Hinata's voice rang through the barren building.

"Should we come in, Hajime?"  Chiaki's slow drawl came from the door, all of them still at the front.

"N-no, go back, I can handle this. Go." Hajime shooed them off, and the other students left with a concerned look and a dismissive shrug.

"Nagito, what the hell have you done?" He stared at me, and quickly ripped the tape off of my mouth. After looking at me more closely, he noticed the spear clutched in my hand, and dove at it, sending it clattering to the floor, instead of into my torso, where it should have gone.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him, genuinely curious as to why he was helping me, especially after everything I'd put the others through, and after what I'd planned to do. He ignored my question and simply kneeled next to me.

"This is going to hurt. Okay? I'll get some supplies from the pharmacy to help, but not until you're out of whatever this is." I didn't realize what he was talking about until the survival knife I'd stolen was being taken out of my hand.
My body involuntary convulsed as the ridges came out of my skin. Hajimes face was grim, as he winced every time I slightly moved.

He didn't say anything. But when the weapon was finally gone, he looked at me with his brows furrowed and a small frown on his face.

"Hajime?" I just said his name, not quite sure what else to say. I was supposed to be dead by now. Not laying here with Hajime saving me from my own death trap. After I'd hurt him. After I'd been so rude to him, he still gently cared for me.

"What the fuck, Nagito? Why?" He didn't sound angry. He sounded exasperated, and if I hadn't known better, I would've thought I detected some sadness too.