~Congratulations~

⚠️SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR SDR2 TRIAL 2⚠️

⚠️DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED TRIAL 2⚠️

I AM WARNING YOU

DONT GET SALTY IF YOU GET
SPOILED I TOLD YOU

Third Person POV

Everyone knew that Hajime Hinata was gay.

Except for Hajime Hinata.

It had become a running joke among the other students, to see how long it would take him to realize he liked dudes.

Bets were made on how long he could go without staring at or talking about a certain boy, and the shorter the time you bet on, the better chance you had to win.

Hajime had become close with Chiaki Nanami, and she, quite frankly, was the most tired of his obliviousness, but refused to say anything about it to him. Instead, she received the brunt of his rants.

"He's so fucking annoying." Hajime paced around and threw his hands in the air before face planting into his bed. His muffled voice came from the middle of his mattress.
"It's always 'hope this', 'ultimates that', and what is it with him and me? Huh? Like he's always talking about me. And to me! I don't even like him! Why does he keep trying to talk to me?"
Hajime rolled over onto his back.
"Seriously Chiaki, what is it with him?"

Chiaki sighed in exasperation, rolling her eyes and leaning back in her chair.
"You, Hajime Hinata, may not know your ultimate, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with being smart." She rubbed her temples with her middle fingers.
"Because you, are the least observational person I have ever met in my life."

Hajime looked taken aback by her response, and his surprised face turned into an offended one.

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm plenty observational! I help out in the trials all the time."

"It's a wonder that you can even figure out that someone died." Chiaki said, looking back at him.
"I need to get a soda." She stood up and pushed her chair in, walking out of Hajime's cottage without another word.

###############

Fuyuhiko didn't like Nagito. Not by a long shot. But after he lost Peko, he didn't have anyone he could be close with. And Nagito was lonely too; for different reasons than Fuyuhiko was, but lonely all the same.

Much to the yakuza's dismay, befriending Nagito had a hidden condition called "Listening To Nagito Komaeda Talk About Hajime Hinata And Never Shutting Up".

But after listening to Nagito talk about Hajime for a while, Fuyuhiko grew fonder of their conversations, finding Nagito's gushings to be sweet.
But if anyone ever confronted him about it, he'd dislocate their shoulder. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu did not find ANYTHING sweet.

He listened out of pity. That's why he listened.

"He is so... DUMB!" Nagito put emphasis on the last word, mainly because it was the most important part of his statement.
"I haven't even been trying to be subtle, and he thinks I hate him! And he hates me! I refuse to believe I'm the ultimate lucky student. This luck is bullshit."

Fuyuhiko wasn't as exhausted as Chiaki was, mainly because he only had to hear about Hajime's idiocy, and not experience it. But to be fair, hearing about it was still painful.

"He doesn't hate you. He's a fucking idiot." Fuyuhiko said, trying to be soothing.

"I KNOW! But he's still a kind, funny, cute, caring, and loveable idiot." Nagito transitioned from anger to absolute adoration in about 0.5 seconds. Fuyuhiko was used to it.