~The Movie~

Hajime POV

A movie? Seriously? Monokuma produced a movie? For no reason other than entertainment?

Bullshit.

So of course I had to watch it.

I walked into the theatre. It was small, with only two seats. They were fancy chairs, the kind that newer theaters had, that reclined and had a heating option. The arm between the two chairs could lift up, turning them into more of a sofa. Or a bed, if they were reclined. I shuddered at the thought of having to share such a small space with anyone here, glad I'd come in alone.

There was popcorn and blue slurpees sitting on each of the chairs. I picked one of the sets up, and placed it on the outer arm of my seat, relaxing into the strangely comfortable plush. I relaxed far too soon, as I heard the door open again. A voice that I knew, but couldn't quite place, thanked Monokuma, and was followed by slow steps down to where I was sitting. I grimaced, not wanting to know who I'd been unlucky enough to get stuck with.

"Hajime!"

Shit.

Nagito Komaeda rounded the other side of the seats, and gracefully moved his concessions, sitting down next to me. He turned to face me, and knocked his popcorn over with his elbow.

"Well, that sucks." He sighed. Without looking at him, I handed him my popcorn, for reasons I wasn't quite sure of.
"You don't have to give this to me... I'm sure you want it, and I'm not worth giving up your popcorn for." He said, refusing to take the bag out of my hand.

"I don't want it. Have it." I said quietly, still not looking at him. I pushed it towards him slightly, and finally felt him take it from my hand. He put it on the armrest between us.

"We can at least share." He said. I looked over at him for the first time since he'd come in, and he was smiling gratefully.

"Yeah, I guess." I muttered, turning back to the screen, which remained blank.
"Either Monokuma's taking his sweet time to start, or this is the shittiest movie I've ever seen." I said, attempting a joke. He chuckled.

"Based on what I know about him, either one is plausible." I laughed a little. He was right, giving us a blank screen for two hours and calling it a movie was absolutely something Monokuma would do.

The screen finally lit up, and began showing atrocious parodies of popular commercials and trailers for movies. All the characters played by Monokuma, very, very badly.

I very nearly threw up when a Fifty Shades of Grey trailer appeared, and I saw Monokuma in leather. Nagito snorted.

"That is something I absolutely never needed to see." He laughed.

"The bodies have nothing on that. If I'm getting PTSD from anything on this island, it's that cursed visual." That was when he started giggling.

"Could- could you imagine him making that- and Monomi just- shrieks at him- because it isn't appropriate for- for high schoolers?" His words were interrupted by breathless laughs, and I couldn't help but smile at his giddy face, and the quiet snorts he emitted every few seconds.

"She'd be furious." I laughed with him, imagining Monomi's high-pitched scolding directed at Monokuma.

The screen went dark again, and the announcement tone played.

"Either the movie's starting, or someone's died." I said, only half joking. He grimaced and attempted a half smile. I reclined my chair as the speakers began to play.

"Welcome to Monokuma Theatre! You two will be watching a different movie than everyone else, solely because I have a personal vendetta against you, and find this absolutely hilarious! Have fun! But not too much fun. If it gets to that point, tell me to turn off the cameras. If I have those on, I'll probably get arrested. HA! Just kidding, law enforcement won't do anything! It's more about the fact that-"