~The Tutor~

This is gonna be a long one. Buckle up, bucko. Slow burn enemies to friends to lovers fic. No regrets.
(4,751 words without the authors notes. Enjoy.)

After the ultimates had been on the island for a while, with no murders occurring, Monomi had decided that as the students were of high school age, they should be provided with an education.

All the students objected, but Monokuma hoped the stress would drive someone to homicide.

Hajime Hinata kinda sucked at school. He always had. He knew his talent wasn't the "ultimate mathematician", because he used a calculator to solve addition problems. So when Monomi implemented the education curriculum, with the four core subjects as its entirety, Hajime objected more than anyone else.

"This is ridiculous! We're on an island, with a psychotic Build-A-Bear trying to get us to kill each other, and now the other talking plushie is trying to get us to do homework? Right now? Seriously?" Hajime threw his hands over his head and eventually rested his face on his palms. Chiaki patted his back softly, with an apologetic smile to everyone around them.

"Anyways, as I was saying..." Monomi wiped away tears as she spoke.
"I think this will be valuable for everyone, as well as a distraction from your current situation! As I was meant to be a teacher anyway, I'm qualified to direct each of these classes. Don't be so down! This can be fun if we all work together and look on the bright side!" She extended her arms as if awaiting a hug, a joyful grin on her face.

"Will one of you please just die so she'll shut up?" Monokuma stood next to her.
"I even said 'please'! Doesn't that get me any brownie points?" He scoffed. Ibuki raised her hand and Monomi excitedly pointed in her direction.

"Do you taste like strawberries? Follow up question, does Monokuma taste like an oreo?" Ibuki was literally drooling, and Mikan snorted at her words. The attention that had been turned to Mikan's outburst quickly returned to Monomi.

"Well, I haven't tasted either of us, so I wouldn't know!" She tried to keep her expression neutral but it was easy to see the confusion and slight concern on her face.

"Can I bite you?" Ibuki asked, completely seriously.

"Kinky." Monokuma said, cackling.

"Is that a yes?" Ibuki replied, apparently still dead set on biting one of them.

"No." Monomi smiled.
"Absolutely not, thank you for asking!" She seemed slightly annoyed now, and Hajime stifled a laugh. Byakuya sighed, and pushed up his glasses.

"When will classes begin?" He asked, clearly frustrated.

"Tomorrow! Get a good sleep tonight everyone!" Monomi replied cheerily. The entirety of the student body stared at her, mouths agape.

"Tomorrow? Are you serious?" Hajime snapped.

"Hajime-" Chiaki tried to soothe him, but he just groaned and stormed back to his cottage.

"Is he okay?" Nagito Komaeda finally spoke, surprising everyone. Not only at his sudden efforts to interact, but the fact that he was asking about Hajime.

"I think he'll be okay..." Chiaki smiled tiredly, considerably less confused by this turn of events than the other thirteen students.

"Mm." Nagito nodded, and walked to his cottage gracefully.

Chiaki waved at the rest of the class, who were still staring at Nagito's back.

"See you all tomorrow." She smiled and yawned, following Nagito from a distance.