~Roulette~

⚠️TRIAL FIVE SPOILERS⚠️
⚠️INVESTIGATION FOR DEATH FIVE SPOILERS⚠️
⚠️THE DEATH ISNT MENTIONED BUT THERE ARE MORE SPOILERS DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE INVESTIGATION FOR TRIAL FIVE⚠️

Hajime POV

My hand collided with his soft hair, hitting the back of his head.

"Ow- what was that for?" He looked at me questioningly. I just stared at him, and once again, smacked him upside the head. He rubbed the spot I'd whacked, and continued to look at me, not saying a word.
I sighed loudly and put my head in my hands.

"You only took one bullet out of the gun? Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked, trying to sound angry, but I knew the hurt and concern was seeping into my voice.

"I thought that's how you pla-" I smacked my hand over his mouth before he could continue to talk.

"You're smarter than that, Komaeda. You're an idiot, but I know damn well you know how that works. You have a death wish." I pointed at him accusingly as I said the last sentence, looking angrily into his green eyes. The only problem was, I was angry because I hated the thought of losing him. So I wasn't even really angry, and I knew he could tell by the way he looked at me sympathetically.

"Why do you even care?" His voice came out small, as though he hadn't wanted me to hear his words, but I did. He looked down at the ground and fidgeted with his hands nervously. I took a deep breath and gently lifted his head up, only to see his eyes looking at mine hopefully, tears threatening to spill over onto his cheeks.

"I care, because I care about you." He stopped his fidgeting, and wiped the tears from his eyes, not breaking his heart-wrenching gaze.

"...What?" He asked hesitantly, suddenly becoming completely still. I scratched the back of my neck and avoided his gaze.

"I mean.. I just don't want you to die is all, I don't want anyone to die." I tried to fix my slip-up, but it was too late, and he was too smart. He knew I cared about him. Damn feelings. Always ruining everything.

"Why would you ever care about trash like me? I'm worthless." Nagito said, still unmoving. My head snapped back to reinstate the eye contact I'd broken.

"Will you please shut up with that worthless shit? You're not worthless. Hell, you're the only one that thinks you are. So would you please for once in your life, believe that maybe someone cares about you because you're worth something, and you deserve more credit than you give yourself. You're smart, slightly on the psychotic side, but that's okay. You're selfless, you're kind, you have fucking beautiful eyes, and don't even get me started on your smile. Like when you smile your whole face changes not just your mouth. Your eyes scrunch up, and you get this little blush on your cheeks, and your laugh is just adora-" I was abruptly cut off from the unfiltered rambling I'd slipped into, from Nagito leaping forward and wrapping his arms around me.

I heard his muffled voice coming from the place on my chest where he'd planted his face.

"Thank you, Hajime." He said, and I felt tears seeping through my shirt. I hesitantly hugged him back, my face turning red at being so close to him.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Chiaki and Sonia walk into the hallway we stood in, and I turned my head slightly to look at them. Sonia's face lit up, and she clapped quietly, her gaze excitedly switching from me and Nagito, to Chiaki, who gave me a small smile and a lazy thumbs up, before Sonia made a heart with her hands, and pulled Chiaki back out to wherever they'd been previously.

I pulled the other boy closer to me, and heard his soft, choked sobs, that he was clearly trying to contain. I closed my eyes and moved my hands so they were holding his lower back, almost in a waltzing position.

And that, was when I made the most impulsive decision of my life.

I kissed his head.

His sobs stopped. He pulled away from me and I winced.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't've done that I-" He cut me off again, this time, by pulling me down slightly and kissing me. I froze, but returned the kiss after what felt like forever, but must've only been a few seconds. He pulled away, and wrapped his arms around my neck, staring up at me adoringly. I'd never been looked at that way. Not once.

He buried his face in my chest, and I once again kissed his head, less impulsively, and less anxiously. I could kiss his head. I could kiss him and I didn't have to be terrified. I could admit I was really, really gay for Nagito Komaeda.

Just as I settled into the hug, a shout came from the other side of the room.

"I KNEW IT. I FUCKING KNEW IT. GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING SCARF TANAKA, I FUCKING TOLD YOU." Fuyuhiko's loud voice echoed through the room and Gundham sighed.

"In my misfortune, I find personal gain, as I created a therapeutic chain of events to reimburse my very existence in the case of my bet being lost. KAZUICHI! GET WORKING ON MY MECHANICAL CONSERVATORY FOR THE DEVAS OF DESTRUCTION! I HAVE WON." A horde of footsteps could be heard advancing towards us. Kazuichi looked in my direction and rolled his eyes.

"I mean they're cute together, but how am i supposed to make a hamster cage for this dude? I thought they'd both still be too oblivious to admit anything. Damnit." Gundham punched Kazuichi's arm, likely as retaliation for his "hamster" comment, but Kazuichi just smiled at him.

"Ahem, my scarf?" Fuyuhiko put his hand out expectantly. Gundham rolled his eyes and reluctantly handed his prized scarf over to the yakuza, who promptly had to return one of the dark devas of destruction, when it hadn't left the warmth of the scarf. Fuyuhiko draped it around him proudly, the two ends touching the floor. He was... really short.

Nagito looked up at me.

"So I guess we're the last ones to know?" He chuckled.

"I guess so." I smiled softly at him, and he returned his face to its previous position squished onto my chest. That was when the entire room went silent, before a very loud, enthusiastic, far too energetic voice filled the empty space.

"GAYS GAYS GAYS GAYS GAYS GAYS GAYS GAYS." Akane chanted the single word over and over again, as everyone else just stared at her and laughed. I heard Nagito's muffled voice, and asked him to speak up. He looked up at me and continued to quietly talk.

"Gays gays gays gays gays." He said, looking directly in my eyes, and this time, it was my turn to shut him up.