Trapped.

Areum flew down the stairs of the apartment building at the speed of light, she knew she could beat the elevator to the first floor and make it out of the apartment without having to see Eunhyuk. She didn't know if her heart could handle looking at him again. 

Those eyes, those lips, that grin.

His face racing through her mind made it difficult to keep the blistering pace she was moving at as her knees wanted to buckled, Areum scuffed, annoyed at the control Eunhyuk had over her without even trying.

Areum dashed to the first floor as the lights in the stairwell flickered. This apartment building was at peak dilapidation both inside and out. The railings of the staircase were rusted and the olive-green paint on the walls were dull and had begun peeling off around the gaping cracks, some even letting in slithers of sunlight. The holes in the ceiling left dust all over dirty tiles and the musty windows barely let in any sunlight, unless they were broken. 

Areum emerged from the stairwell onto the first floor and noticed the elevator doors were still shut causing a wave of relief hit her but also the slightest pinprick of disappointment. She pouted and turned to the main doors of the apartment building only to be met with bars of steel.

Industrial rolling shutters had been lowered blocking the main exit of the building. Areum stumbled to the shutters in shock and shook it fiercely but it didn't budge. She bit her lip harshly to stop the profanity that wanted to come out as she kicked the shutters harshly causing them to jiggle, the impact rattled her small body and caused her to stumble backwards. 

Areum spun around to dash to the back exit only to come face to face with Eunhyuk. He towered over her with his tall, lean frame as stared down at Areum through his round spectacles, his sudden appearance making Areum gasp as she clenched her heart though her dirty shirt.

"You scared me." Areum whimpered and Eunhyuk cocked his head to the side, his face emotionless as always. "So, you can still talk," He stated nonchalantly as his eyes trailed to the metal shutters.

"What's going on?" He asked. "I don't know." Areum turned to look to the shutters with confusion in her eyes. During all the years Areum lived at Green Home apartments this had never happened.

"Excuse me." Eunhyuk and Areum's attention was drawn to a young lady standing behind them, she seemed just as calm as Eunhyuk.

"Does your cell have service?" She asked and Eunhyuk dug in his pocket, putting his phone up to his ear, he furrowed his eyebrows and stared at his cellphone. 

"I guess not." He stated.

The first floor was starting to get crowded with workmen and woman waiting impatiently to get out, and Areum was one of them. Her feet danced nervously, Eunhyuk's presence poked at every muscle in Areum's body making her feel as if she was about to burst into flames.

"Hey! Hey!" Mr Kim Sukhyun, the owner of the convenience store on the first floor yelled into the management office.

"These jerks are going to ruin our business." He cursed, his face turning blood red. The woman that was standing by Areum and Eunhyuk calmly walked over to the door that was chained shut and placed a harsh kick on it, but the door only bounced back.

Areum tried to calm herself. The situation around her seemed to be escalating far quicker than she'd like, people were beginning to get agitated but not by being locked in the building, but by the mysterious heaviness that hung in the air.

Areum felt Eunhyuk move behind her and turned to watch him grab a nearby fire extinguisher and walked lazily to the bundle of people in front of the management office, after two quick hits onto the chain, it slithered to the floor and the doors swung open.