Intruders.

Areum sat between Eunhyuk's legs, her back pressed against his chest, his soft snores keeping Areum company in the silence. Eunhyuk had always had a hard time sleeping but Areum was the solution, with a few cuddles, her fingers in his hair and his eyes quickly grew heavy, the effects she had on him were irresistible. 

Areum kept herself busy by playing with his hands, comparing the size difference and massaging his knuckles. She found dirt still tucked away under his fingernails from Jaeheon's burial and she gently cleaned them, not wanting him to wake up. 

She had noticed Eunhyuk's dull eyes, a clear indication of his lack of sleep and she took it upon herself to fight him away from the management office and get him somewhere he could relax. Areum didn't need much practice to read Eunhyuk, she was already an ace at it. All those years she watched him from afar allowed her to pick up on his small habits, like how he adjusted his glasses when he was nervous and notice the small things, like how his eyes wouldn't catch the light if he was too tired.

Areum glanced back at him and smiled, his mouth hung agape which showed how badly he needed to sleep. 

Lately, when Areum wasn't around Eunhyuk she had a dreadful feeling running through her nervous system. She felt like a dark cloud was hanging over her head, like something evil was tethered to her and it was waiting for the right moment to strike. 

Little did Areum know, her entire world was about to slip away from her in a matter of hours.

The ground under Areum and Eunhyuk began to shake, rocking Eunhyuk awake his arm instinctively tightening around Areum. There was a loud crash, so loud that Areum flinched, her hands flying to cover her ears. 

"What's going on?" Eunhyuk voice was rough, his eyes still trying to adjust to the light as his brain tried to comprehend where he was. 

Screams began to flood into the room, but the screams sounded different than the screams that rang through the halls when someone spotted a monster, they sounded urgent and confused.

 The dark feeling inside Areum began stirring like an energetic ball of thunder and lighting. 

There was a gunshot that proved there was something seriously wrong because no one in the apartment building had a gun. 

"Eunhyuk." Areum cried, turning to look at him in terror, his finger flew to his mouth, quietly hushing her. She watched his eyes watch the door as he thought about what was going on and what to do. 

"It's okay." He whispered calmly, pulling her up with him,  he was about to push Areum behind a cabinet to hide her when someone aggressively kicked in the door to the daycare causing Areum to twitch in terror, her hand flying to Eunhyuk's arm as his grip tightened on her arm. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A skinny man walked into the room with an evil smirk on his face, a rifle hanging warningly across his chest. 

Eunhyuk pulled Areum into his chest and stood at his full height, looking down at the skinny man who smiled, his gold tooth reflecting the sunlight. 

"Foyer, now." The man reached out to take Areum but Eunhyuk grabbed a fist full of the man's shirt and shoved him away causing the man to stagger backwards. 

"Don't touch her," Eunhyuk warned, gently pushing Areum in from of him, his hand securely on her hip as he guided them out of the room. 

The man stared at Eunhyuk in shock before scuffing and following the pair while cursing under his breath as he patted the wrinkles from his shirt. 

The foyer was already full of residents being rounded up in a tight circle in which Areum and Eunhyuk were pushed. Eunhyuk removed his hands from Areum, not wanting the outlaws to know they were linked in any way, but he still stayed as close to her as possible.