Bonds.

"Where's your sling?" Eunhyuk whispered as the pair slowly made their way to the daycare where the rest of the residents were already asleep. "I forgot it in the convince store." Areum sighed, "But it's annoying, so it's okay." She giggled. 

Eunhyuk let out a chuckle, smiling widely with his cheeks. Areum took the moment to stare at his smile, something she didn't see often. 

Eunhyuk glanced down at Areum when he felt her eyes on him, Areum's breath quickly slipping away when their eyes met, her eyes snapping to the floor. 

 Eunhyuk had the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen, they were the softest part of his face, no matter how much he tried to act cool, calm and collected, his eyes always sparkled and spoke a million words. 

Eunhyuk and Areum were almost at the daycare when Eunyoo turned the corner into the long, dim hallway. 

Eunyoo watched the two with an annoyed expression as she strutted past them while she rolled her eyes, Areum flinching away from Eunyoo's shoulder to protect her own. 

Areum felt like crying, the guilt she had been feeling only intensified when she saw Eunyoo.

"Didn't I tell you to leave him alone?" Eunyoo spat, Areum cringing at her voice, she had hoped Eunyoo would just ignore them, but her hopes were too high. 

"You can walk by yourself." Eunyoo continued, standing idly behind them and Areum sighed, shutting her eyes slowly, the guilt she felt easily manifesting itself into annoyance.

Areum wiggled her way out of Eunhyuk's grip as a satisfied smile grew on Eunyoo's lips. Eunyoo felt overwhelming triumphant until she watched Areum turn towards her, Eunhyuk hands hovering over Areum's waist in case she fell. 

Eunyoo felt bitter as she watched Eunhyuk care for Areum. "Didn't I tell you I don't care what you say?" Areum quipped, causing Eunyoo's attention to fall on her again. 

 Eunyoo's face fell, her pupils shaking in anger. Areum had never stood up to her when Eunhyuk was involved, this was a first and Eunyoo didn't know what to do. 

"Then why did you run?" Eunyoo smirked as she quickly regained her ground and Areum was taken off guard once again by Eunyoo's ruthlessness. 

"Because I can't stand being around you." Areum hissed. The two girls glared sharp and deadly dagger at each other while Eunhyuk's eyes darted between them, his jaw clenching rhythmically as the tension built in the hallway. 

"You fucking bitch." Eunyoo snarled, her hatred for Areum was enormous and prevalent and Areum didn't know the reason, she had only ever been kind to Areum. 

Eunhyuk flew passed Areum to Eunyoo, his palm swiftly colliding with her cheek, the sound echoing through the quiet hallways. 

Areum jumped in shock as she stared at Eunhyuk with urgent eyes, her shaky hands clenching the fabric over her chest as her heart sunk. 

There was a long moment where no one moved, no one spoke and no one even dared to breathe. Eunyoo's hand cradled her cheek before she slowly looked back up at Eunhyuk and then Areum with an emotionless face, her cheek burning red as her long, black hair dangled in front of her face.

"Fucking unbelievable." She spat before dashing away from them, leaving Areum's heart bleeding. 

"Eunhyuk?" Her voice broke as stumbled towards him. He quickly turned to support Areum, his face pale and eyes hollow. 

***

Areum crept out of the daycare, carefully dodging feet and heads of all the entangled bodies on the floor. She couldn't sleep, even though her eyes were red and puffy, she just wanted to sit somewhere and think, somewhere away from others.