Her last words.

Hello! Please be warned that things get a little steamy in this chapter! O-o Please save my soul...

** Will indicate where the scene starts and ends. If you are under 16 or don't like reading intimate things please don't read it, it's not that bad but still! 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Areum stared aimlessly at the daycare wall. The room around her was dark and empty just like her chest, and she felt like she found herself in this room one too many times, each time a small piece of her will being chipped away.

The gunshot that ended Mrs Kim's life bounced off the walls, ricocheting and creating a ruckus in Areum's mind as tears ran endlessly over the bridge of her nose and onto her pillow. 

How had she fallen so far? A few weeks ago her biggest worry was not doing her homework or running into Eunhyuk or getting scolded by Yoori, and now, her biggest fear was losing herself, or worse, losing someone else.  

There were light footsteps as someone entered the daycare and Areum closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. 

"I know you're awake." Eunhyuk began before sitting behind Areum, placing a bowl of porridge next to him. 

"No, I'm sleeping." Areum pouted and tried to ignore him but she couldn't when he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and forced her to sit up. 

Areum groaned and sat numbly in front of him, staring at him with glazed eyes. Eunhyuk stared down at her with worry before handing her the porridge but she didn't move, instead, she glanced at the porridge and then stared at him again. 

"I'm not hungry." She frowned and Eunhyuk sighed at her stubbornness. "You haven't eaten since yesterday." He protested holding the spoon up to Areum's mouth but she simply groaned and turned her head away. 

Eunhyuk closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead in frustration and Areum furrowed her brows in guilt, she didn't mean to make Eunhyuk upset but he was interrupting her plan to simply wither away. 

He stared at Areum, her cheeks were wet and her eyes swollen, she had lost a considerable amount of weight based on how much her collarbones were protruding from under the flannel he gave her. 

Eunhyuk grabbed Areum's chin and forced her to look up at him, even sitting face to face he still towered over her as his eyes rested on her pink lips, his tongue darted out to slither over his own. 

Areum's heart began to race, her whole body heating up as she unintentionally began to lean into Eunhyuk causing his hot breath to hit her face and neck give her chills. 

Areum parted her lips trying desperately to remove the few inches keeping them apart but Eunhyuk pulled away and gently pushed the spoon between Areum's lips. Her innocent eyes grew wide as she squinted at the spoon before glaring at Eunhyuk and groaning when he wiggled the spoon, signalling her to swallow. 

"You're not funny." She pouted and Eunhyuk chuckled as he dipped the spoon into the porridge and brought it up to Areum's lips again. This time she couldn't resist, her stomach was burning from hunger. 

"That was harder for me than it was for you," Eunhyuk confessed, his words like a weight on Areum's head, forcing her to look down shyly.

"Are those people still here?" She inquired about the 2 gang members still in the apartment, the skinny man that was being held in the prison and Ui-myeong, the man who helped Hyunsu kill Jungseop. 

Eunhyuk hummed in response and brought another spoon full of porridge up for Areum to eat. 

"I don't like that guy," Areum muttered after swallowing, her thoughts flooded with images of Ui-myeong. Eunhyuk's eyes glanced off to the side as his thoughts were also filled with images of the suspicious man who had taken an uncomfortable liking to Hyunsu.